Hard lessons, aren't there any easy ones? Email, argggggg!!

Denise1952

I've sent several emails to people over the last several months, and wasn't getting many replies. I just chalked it up to them being busy etc. Or just not wanting to talk to me, LOL! Well, today, I was googling on the subject of "auto-fill" email addresses, specifically in "reply to" notes. You know when you just hit "reply" and answer. The senders name fills in automatically for you when you hit reply-to.

Well, I found it, why I wasn't getting emails from some folks, I had a reply address in there that had a typo, so everytime anyone replied to my email, it auto-filled the wrong addy and I did not get their reply.

It's all fixed now, gmail has this "feature" which I now hate, and am going to protest, LMAO!!

Just a heads-up should anyone run into the same, I can show you right where to fix the dang problem, Denise

Exactly the same thing happened to me last week nwlady. I felt vexed when I didn't get a reply so checked the address and had one letter too many. Doh! :rolleyes:

Exactly the same thing happened to me last week nwlady. I felt vexed when I didn't get a reply so checked the address and had one letter too many. Doh! :rolleyes:

Oh geez Uff, thanks, I thought I was the only dufus:lofl:thinkin no one liked me, LOL!! I know some do now at least, LOLLLLLLLLLL!!

You can disable the auto-fill feature in Gmail if you want to. It's more work, but at least you know what is going on.

This under settings Bonnie, here are the steps:

Go into gmail
click gear in upper right
click Settings
click Accounts & Imports
Go down to "Send Mail As"
Look for Reply-to address:
Go over to far right and click on "Edit Info" in blue
Then you get a little gold window that will show you what you have for a "reply to" addy, and if it is correct.

Be sure to save if you have to change it;) Denise

Back