Harry and Meghan update

Catlady

For those of you holding your breath :cautious:, here's the new update on the "Harry and Meghan Independence Mutiny" after their meeting with the Queen today.

Harry and Meghan will settle in Canada and keep Frogmore House, which is owned by the Queen. It's not yet known if Harry will still get a stipend from Charles.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/que...han-markle-sandringham-meeting-174225832.html

Last edited:
Archie is just too cute!
iu

I wonder if he'll have red hair like Harry. Probably not since red hair is a recessive gene. I think he's an adorable 8 month old. Do you think Meghan will have another? Still time, she's only 38.

Yawn. If I were a British taxpayer, I'd not be happy to support YET ANOTHER household and security team, plus all the additional travel expenses for those wanting to "provide for themselves." :rolleyes: If it were up to me (lol), they'd be stripped of all titles and income related to the monarchy, and sent on their way. It's not like they are destitute.

And how convenient that this tempest in a teapot seems to have taken the spotlight off of poor old Andrew's foibles.

Their staff in the UK feel totally let down on the news of the move --
if Canada have them living there' then I say they can foot the security bill for them both ….
Charles is none to happy about it as he has spent millions on them ' William has tried to shake
his hand but harry refuses still -families for you …

.megans father is taken her to court not got details yet ?
The mansion they will be living in for a while is owned by millionair frank gustra -It has
been stated that harry said ---- megan is snubbed by a few in the royal household he told the
Queen at the Sandringham meeting ..
my self I dont think megan can cope with being a royal ' and loves her freedom like she had etc....

she knew what she was getting into ,marrying a royal....
but i read in the paper, that once someone tells her to do something, or there are rules...she does a-runner.....its the queen i feel sorry for....
isnt she-also going to do voiceovers ?....🥴,

I must admit I was very surprised when the queen gave permission for them to marry. I bet she is now wishing she had considered it more carefully. The royal family knew the sort of background Meghan came from and her previous marital history. They must have known how unsuitable she was for a royal prince.
I bet not a few people are saying,'I told you so!'.

I must admit I was very surprised when the queen gave permission for them to marry. I bet she is now wishing she had considered it more carefully. The royal family knew the sort of background Meghan came from and her previous marital history. They must have known how unsuitable she was for a royal prince.
I bet not a few people are saying,'I told you so!'.

Probably because Harry was so far down the succession line, I doubt she would have given the permission if he had been William.

Meghan's paternal side of the family are jerks, especially her father, we can't blame her for their shenanigans, but I did read that she divorced her husband AFTER she met Harry. Someone that knew her said she has always been a social climber.

she knew what she was getting into ,marrying a royal....
but i read in the paper, that once someone tells her to do something, or there are rules...she does a-runner.....its the queen i feel sorry for....
isnt she-also going to do voiceovers ?....🥴,
She did do a voice over for Disney before Christmas. All of what she would have been paid went to the charity Elephants Without Borders.

I’ve always felt that, had the Queen not given her permission for the marriage, Harry would’ve gone ahead regardless, thus gaining the independence they have now been granted without the expense of the wedding, Frogmore Cottage, etc.

think a tad sensitive to for a man who is in the limelight since the day he was born--
he needs to lighten up now they got what they both wanted ' when you marry a royal
rules and regulations come second nature -shame really he didnt sit and explain more ??

having their independence is a good thing -but that comes with paying out of your own pocket too,
once you break away -its all down to you -- !!

I’ve always felt that, had the Queen not given her permission for the marriage, Harry would’ve gone ahead regardless, thus gaining the independence they have now been granted without the expense of the wedding, Frogmore Cottage, etc.
I wish we could see the future and avoid all those darn mistakes. Anyway, Frogmore belongs to the Queen, the expenses to remodel were not wasted. I'd like to know if the public had to pay for any of the expenses, I read that Meghan turned it into a fortress.

Maybe this is a case of, "If you can't say anything nice.....", so I'll apologize, beforehand, but, I don't give a rat's rear end about ANYTHING concerning these two people. I said the exact same thing about any and all personal family dealings that any US politicians had, including US presidents, in the past, so don't attack me for being insensitive to our good friends across the pond.

Back