Harry and Meghan update

I must admit I was very surprised when the queen gave permission for them to marry. I bet she is now wishing she had considered it more carefully. The royal family knew the sort of background Meghan came from and her previous marital history. They must have known how unsuitable she was for a royal prince.
I bet not a few people are saying,'I told you so!'.

Specifically what do you mean?

Probably because Harry was so far down the succession line, I doubt she would have given the permission if he had been William.

Meghan's paternal side of the family are jerks, especially her father, we can't blame her for their shenanigans, but I did read that she divorced her husband AFTER she met Harry. Someone that knew her said she has always been a social climber.

Source?? Where did you read such garbage? 🙄

If you check facts you'll find out that Megan and her first husband divorced in 2013. She met Harry on a blind date arranged by a friend in July of 2016 - over THREE YEARS LATER.

Last edited:
To advise them or pretend I know what's best is above my pay grade and inclination. The Queen Mother has weathered many storms
and has the wisdom and compassion to handle this one. Kids at whatever age will sometime still be kids.

I must admit I was very surprised when the queen gave permission for them to marry. I bet she is now wishing she had considered it more carefully. The royal family knew the sort of background Meghan came from and her previous marital history. They must have known how unsuitable she was for a royal prince.
I bet not a few people are saying,'I told you so!'.

Rosemarie, what do you mean by unsuitable?
I'm asking Rosemarie, in case be anyone gets confused or lost.

Elizabeth rules pepper.....
Of course she does, but I should have been more clear. I meant if she had interfered or not permitted a marriage public outcry would have been huge. Her interference with Margaret and Peter Townsend is still an unpleasant memory. Diana won't soon be forgotten. It is the 21st Century and Elizabeth is a modern, intelligent woman. If the Queen had interfered with her grandson, the uproar would have been calamitous and Harry probably would have married her anyway, so the ugliness would have been all for nought.

I see in the media that the Prime Minister of Canada, always a clean shaved type of guy, is now sporting a dirty face beard. Bet that he is jealous that Harry is getting all the attention. Guess that millionaire prime ministers too have their problems. Ah! the life of a celebrity! All that money but no peace & quiet. Kind of reminds me of John Lennon & Yoko Ono; wanting to be left alone after all those "sleep Ins". Can't have your cake & eat it too; says this ole' packer!

I see in the media that the Prime Minister of Canada, always a clean shaved type of guy, is now sporting a dirty face beard.

I think he's very handsome, and even more so with the facial hair

trudeau_alberta.jpg

The majority of people here are really cheesed off with these two -I say let em go and let us try and get back to normal we are having evertime we turn the tv on and the media are having a ball--I gave it two years when they wed.

What can I say, I like gossip, and don't see anything wrong with it as long as it is true and not malicious. I don't know where this one gossip falls. Trudeau's father was 30 years older than his mother, and there's gossip that Justin may be Fidel Castro's love child with his mother.

cyuojotuqaefufc.jpg
images

Sorry about the name mixup @applecruncher , no need to chop off my head, you never got anybody's name wrong?. Yes, it's Doria! Re the leaving the husband for Harry, I honestly don't remember where/how I got that info.

Here's an article about Meghan, I am impressed, she was/is quite a woman!

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/a48090/meghan-markle-facts/
Interesting article. Now I know why they dislike Meghan-
Not because she's Bi- Racial
Not because she's American
Not because she's Divorced

It's because she's Catholic! Of course- I had forgotten the royal ban on Catholics.

"LONDON — The U.K. government has proposed a new law that would allow members of the British royal family to marry Catholics without forfeiting their claim to the throne — but Prince Charles, the current heir to the throne, is reportedly unhappy with this idea."

https://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/no-catholic-kings-and-queens-at-buckingham-palace

Back