Have I been pwned

Sunny

SF VIP
I got an email today saying my email password had been compromised, along with hundreds of others. It suggested strongly that I change all my passwords. (And I just did!)
It also seemed to be sent out by a company that provides password protection of some sort. Sounds kind of dubious to me. Here is their website:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/
Not even sure what pwned is supposed to mean, though I can guess that the pw part of it stands for password. I don't expect to do anything about this, because it's probably a scam or some sort of hard sell. Yet, I can't be sure.

Anyone know anythig about this?

And right now, as I am on this thread about "pwned" (whatever that is), there is an add for "Malwarebytes Premium," which includes a convenient "Open" button so you can (presumably) go straight to their site and order their product.

Wait a minute. You stated that you changed your passwords. How did you do that? Did you use the password program from the sites, which needed changing? For instance, did you go to "Senior Forum" and use their program? You didn't use "company that provides password protection " to change password? If you did, immediately go to each site and change your password again. I don't know, but that "company" may just be a scam.

Sorry, Fuzzy, I should have made it clearer. What I was trying to say was that I had just recently (a few days earlier) changed most of my passwords. I definitely wouldn't go to one of these companies to change them!

Back