Have Regrets?

I am 'BACKING THE BLUE!" Sorry I put a banana in the cop's exhaust pipe when I was 14.
Seriously though, The past is gone. I can't expend energy dwelling on ignorance or errors I performed years ago. I'm only a value judgement from changing my thoughts into positive expectancy.
Squatting Dog: My heart goes out to you about your daughter.

Depression seems to be a main reason for so many suicides.
Knew an ol' guy way up in the sticks past Vernonia Oregon
He lived just off a favorite stream of mine
A wonderful fishing hole was on his property
Ever time I went up that way, I'd get his permission to fish that hole
It was also a good excuse for good conversation over horrible coffee
He was a peach of a guy
Heard he did hisself in
Fell into a deep depression....from diabetes, I heard
Guess that plays a role

Knew an ol' guy way up in the sticks past Vernonia Oregon
He lived just off a favorite stream of mine
A wonderful fishing hole was on his property
Ever time I went up that way, I'd get his permission to fish that hole
It was also a good excuse for good conversation over horrible coffee
He was a peach of a guy
Heard he did hisself in
Fell into a deep depression....from diabetes, I heard
Guess that plays a role
Yes, it's a hard road to travel for some of us.

I married my first husband because I was going to be graduating college in 1971 and all my friends and I went to college to earn our Mrs degree. Big mistake. Changed the course of my life. These days girls feel much less pressure to find husbands and I am glad for that.

I married my first husband because I was going to be graduating college in 1971 and all my friends and I went to college to earn our Mrs degree. Big mistake. Changed the course of my life. These days girls feel much less pressure to find husbands and I am glad for that.
Made that same mistake, I feel for you.

I have regrets but there is one that will never go away or change. My Younger cousin was Beautiful and had a very prosperous business that she started and owned. She got married and a few years later her husband left her for another woman. My cousin would come to my house a lot and say how she didn't understand why he left her. I supported her as much as I could and then one day her sister called me to tell me my cousin had hung herself. I wish I had done more and it is something I will never forget. She did it a few days before Valentines day and I often wondered if she did it so he would send her flowers.

I used to wallow in regrets until I realized I cannot change anything in the past. Slowly, but surely, I started to accept them and quit woulda, shoulda, coulda mentality. My life turned around with positive affirmations I started daily. I said something nice to the person in the mirror. It has worked wonders to boost self esteem. I am on my way to be the best version of me.

Yes I definitely have had regrets but have learned from a lifetime of experience that it's better to finally let go and try and move on. IMO life is simply too short to be wasting precious time and energy on regrets.

My regrets I could say are many, but like others I'd maybe do the same again, if faced with similar situations.
I know you wouldn't actually marry the same person if you knew it would turn fail, (so only in the sense "I'd approach life in the same way" would I make the same mistakes again).
Regarding my own daughter, and the fact I've been pushed out of her life for twenty odd years, there is regret, almost to the point of wondering whether you've made an avoidable mistake marrying her mother etc. However, when reading sad tales of children suffering depression, or worse, then her resilience is a great outcome.

Still, it is obviously something you think about, if not regret, when a relationship fails or is destroyed. Those questioning whether they could have done more when things went badly wrong, are understandably feeling that way, but their very efforts to help as much as they did come with a downside. There is never "enough" that can be done, because the hole people fall into with depression can be so great, and everyone's efforts to help you when you're depressed only emphasises in your mind how hopeless you feel you are. Depressed people not being able to express themselves, or their feelings, is a characteristic of the disease too, making understanding it all the harder too. :(.

I regret nearly causing an accident today. I was part of a long line of cars following a slow little pickup truck on a two-lane road. Since I was the one right behind the slow one, I decided to pass in a coming passing zone. It began at the top of a hill going down and though it looked like the other lane was clear, just as I was passing the slow vehicle, I saw that a car had escaped my notice. I sped up and got around the slow car, but the person in the other lane was so pre-occupied with giving me the finger while blowing his horn, he drove off the road. I feel bad about that.

I regret nearly causing an accident today. I was part of a long line of cars following a slow little pickup truck on a two-lane road. Since I was the one right behind the slow one, I decided to pass in a coming passing zone. It began at the top of a hill going down and though it looked like the other lane was clear, just as I was passing the slow vehicle, I saw that a car had escaped my notice. I sped up and got around the slow car, but the person in the other lane was so pre-occupied with giving me the finger while blowing his horn, he drove off the road. I feel bad about that.
Oops, I didn't nearly cause an accident quite, but a group of cyclists were being shepherded by a "stationwagon", (4x4 in the UK!), and I pulled out as I thought safely behind said wagon, only to be beeped at by a motorcycle also assisting in the cycle shepherding. Not an accident or near miss, but I admit to being distracted by the stationwagon with little flags on it, so didn't see the motorcycle until I saw it in my mirror.
I agree with the need for great caution when overtaking, and maybe folks are being a bit more unreasonable or hasty due to the current restrictions. :oops: .

Back