Have you ever "reconnected" with your EX/+? Are you friends, more, less?

Paco Dennis

SF VIP
For I have divorced twice. In the first few months after both divorces I saw them both. My first I remain friendly, my second also.

Well my first husband and I remained in contact due to my son. He might have thought we were friends but I had no warm feelings toward him. My second husband I never saw again. Both of them are dead now. I am still legally married to my third and last (EVER) husband but have not seen him since 2018, though we did drive by the house where he is still living a couple of months ago. I will be having to see him soon as I am putting together a box of stuff (his things) to give to him.

I have not seen my ex since 1984, and I like it that way. She does not know where I live and does not have my phone number. I like it that way.

The so-called love of my life that I lost due to negligence called years after we parted ways. We cried together on the phone and that was that. She's happily married so I've learned to be glad for her.

My son's mother and I were naturally angry when we divorced but thankfully there was none of the sick drama played out so often by many "combatants". We've remained friends and get along well.

I've had a few ex girl friends call over the years but as they were mostly using me I declined any contact. They were just horny . . . :rolleyes:

The reason for my divorce was that my ex-wife started drinking a lot, got addicted to drugs, and had an affair with a neighbor. Even so, a couple years later, when she seemed to be getting her life straightened out, I let her visit the kids (I had full custody) and helped her out with grocery money, delinquent utility bills, stuff like that. I wasn't willing to reconcile or anything but we were friendly toward each other. This went on for several months and then she crashed her car and died. She was drunk and high on cocaine at the time.

Back