Have you given thought about "your final wishes"?

Another thing to think about.When one person looks after all the finances & bills.

I have a list of the contact person for the bank & our investment person.What payments are automatically take out of the account.The others that are taken out of our visas.Phone. number for gov't agency to report the death..Life insurance phone # if you have any.Bills that come in the mail which you have to pay from your account online.Where you will is & your heath directive Where the key is to your safety deposit box for documents. along with your prepaid arrangements.

He wants cremation and ashes to his home town where his mother is. Doesn't even know the cemetery. Easy enough to figure out I guess. He had some other wishes with former animal ashes and honestly, I don't know what I'll do regarding that.
Do a little research now re the cemeteries in his home town so you’re not overwhelmed with everything. Set the ashes of animals free.

We both know we want to be cremated and no event. As I was reading this some issues just hit me like a ton of bricks. I’ll have to talk to my husband tomorrow.

I compiled a book with the simple directions in a loose leaf binder.
We have prepaid for direct cremation with ashes to be scattered in the Gulf of Mexico.

In 13 years I will be 100, that is more than soon enough.

This is timely! We just made a decision like this, a month ago. In 2017, we moved north and left the scattered, grown kids to fend for themselves. To make things easier for them we thought we should make those end-of-life plans so they don't have to. We toured an "Organic Burial Ground" nearby and loved it! No embalming, nothing toxic, just wrap the body in an organic biodegrable sheet, plant it with a flat stone on top, we're done! We purchased two spots. They come with free space for a pet! A small graveside service for family should do it. Not sure we should plan a wake or memorial since the kids don't know anyone here. Thoughts?

We plan to move one more time to an organized Retirement Community so we hope to talk to a funeral home, once we get settled there. (It might not be in the same town we're in now).

This is timely! We just made a decision like this, a month ago. In 2017, we moved north and left the scattered, grown kids to fend for themselves. To make things easier for them we thought we should make those end-of-life plans so they don't have to. We toured an "Organic Burial Ground" nearby and loved it! No embalming, nothing toxic, just wrap the body in an organic biodegrable sheet, plant it with a flat stone on top, we're done! We purchased two spots. They come with free space for a pet! A small graveside service for family should do it. Not sure we should plan a wake or memorial since the kids don't know anyone here. Thoughts?

We plan to move one more time to an organized Retirement Community so we hope to talk to a funeral home, once we get settled there. (It might not be in the same town we're in now).
:) I just opened a letter from "Green Burial" funeral service. I made all arrangements about 2 years ago. I look forward to dissolving back to Mother Earth.

The problem with making final wishes is unless you die immediately they are not final wishes. Perhaps after death your mind lingers on, & on...

Ideally I'd like to be buried in a 'green' way with a tree planted over me. But, I have not made any effort to set up any type of arrangement. I really appreciated that my mother had already pre-paid and provided instructions.
I would like to be buried in a 'green' way too. I still have to find out what arrangements I should make from Nature Burials. No man-made casket. NO cremation.

Yes, have thought about when I will no longer be around. Arrangements have been made for cremation. I expect my ashes will be spread or buried in a small cemetery in the southwestern part of the state where I now live. My son will handle all arrangements and finances and will take into consideration any wishes my wife might have.

Last weekend in my hometown cemetery..... while visiting graves of former classmates and family- I considered that if I will not be buried or have a gravestone, it would not be recorded anywhere that I was here on this earth.. Kinda sad to not leave a RECORD any where, so thinking about it now.

Last weekend in my hometown cemetery..... while visiting graves of former classmates and family- I considered that if I will not be buried or have a gravestone, it would not be recorded anywhere that I was here on this earth.. Kinda sad to not leave a RECORD any where, so thinking about it now.
That is the reason that I finally decided to have a small flush mounted granite marker placed in the family plot.

Even if my ashes end up being spread in an icy parking lot the marker will still be there as a little historical reference point.

Back