Heavy metal music

leigh91657

I went to a Breaking Benjamin/Seether concert last night. Great concert!

I didn’t give it much thought till I went to the ladies room. I was a bit out of place. Everyone else in their 20s. I am pushing 65. I got a couple of odd looks.

I started thinking maybe I shouldn’t go to these concerts. I have decided however, screw that.

If Avenged Sevenfold goes on tour, I will be there. I love this stuff!

i am wondering if anyone else in my age group likes this kind of music.

Not bad, but I'm more into the earlier hard rock. You know, Stones, Jimi, Jeff Beck, Zeppelin, etc. But then I'm 73, not 65. Great that you went to the concert!

And welcome to the forums! Good to have you here.

Not bad, but I'm more into the earlier hard rock. You know, Stones, Jimi, Jeff Beck, Zeppelin, etc. But then I'm 73, not 65. Great that you went to the concert!

Thank you, I do still love the classics. Queen and Boston have always been my favorites.

I enjoy extreme metal. The kind most people can't get into because it's too fast and technical. Thrash, black and death metal.

Currently cranking the new Haiduk album Diabolica. Non stop riffs. (blackened death)

There are certain to be others your senior age that did because metal bands of various sub genres rose in the late 70s peaking in the 80's. For example, Metallica began in 1981. As someone that came of age in the late 60's, am solid Classic Rock that has gone to myriad rock concerts over decades here in the SF Bay Area, that has always been the top mecca for touring rock. As a dancer from the earliest era, for my own listening I do prefer hard rock that includes bands like Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple where that metal genre rose from. An Iron Maiden concert in San Jose (1979?) was probably the last pure metal band concert I experienced. Otherwise Scorpions I saw in Oakland maybe 3 years ago is about as far as I've gone. Generally, people enjoy music they have listened to and cultivated enjoyable familiarity with.

Can enjoy a wider range of other music genres but simply haven't bothered to listen to most any of it. In other words, I don't contaminate my music brain preferring to live the rest of my life with the glow from the best from my life. Not a fan of thrash metal, death metal, and other less melodic genres with violent, anti-cultural, evil glorifying messages in the same way am not a fan of say gangster rap. Because long ago I stopped listening to newer music on radio or Internet, I simply have not been exposed to much of it so cannot give meaningful opinions.

Last edited:
Take it from me....your taste in music doesn't change when you get older. I'm well into my 70's but I still enjoy all the rockers.

Back