Hello from Bodumene

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodumene

Back in the days of dial-up modems, I frequented the forums of Compuserve. But when I transitioned to cable internet, I lost touch with Compuserve.

Now that I am retired, I looked at many forums for retired people, and I found this one to be the best. The posts are very varied, thoughtful, warm, and civil. I feel very lucky to have found it.

My avatar is "Big Foot", not because I am a monster who roams the forests, but because I was born with very big feet, now made considerably bigger by chronic lymphedema.

Hello to everyone, and thank you for making this forum so friendly!

Aloha and welcome from the Big Island of Hawaii! I have to ask - where the ^*&^%% is Bodumene. Google nor Google maps were any help.

mx43.gif
Hiya Bodumene and welcome!

Welcome. Yes, I find this the best forum too, and I've tried a number of them. Big feet are good. My husband tells me I have Barny Ruble feet - stubby little toes without suckers on the ends.

Thank you all for your welcome.

Hoot -- Bodumene is not a place but a state of mind, mostly confusion. People are always asking me, "Wadja mean?, Bodumene"!

Thank you all for your welcome.

Hoot -- Bodumene is not a place but a state of mind, mostly confusion. People are always asking me, "Wadja mean?, Bodumene"!

I also like the way you spell "wadja". I'm a writer. In one of my series several of my characters are hillbillyish. Wadja is a good term for them to use. I think I'll insert it before I publish them.

I also like the way you spell "wadja". I'm a writer. In one of my series several of my characters are hillbillyish. Wadja is a good term for them to use. I think I'll insert it before I publish them.

Phoenix -- if you like that, how about this: Heard at dinner time, "Jeet jet?". "No, joo?".

And can you figure this out? Also heard at dinner time in a diner, F U N E X? S V F X. F U N E M? S V F M. O K M N X!

Phoenix -- if you like that, how about this: Heard at dinner time, "Jeet jet?". "No, joo?".

And can you figure this out? Also heard at dinner time in a diner, F U N E X? S V F X. F U N E M? S V F M. O K M N X!

I suck at this. I always have to look up the little abbreviations people use for sentences or phrases now. Need some glitch adjustments in the old noggin, any ideas?

I suck at this. I always have to look up the little abbreviations people use for sentences or phrases now. Need some glitch adjustments in the old noggin, any ideas?

Yeah, it's pretty obscure. That's what makes it fun! "Did you eat yet?" "No, did you?"

As for the letters, it was an old riddle that my favorite uncle told me when I was little. I thought it was very funny. Hint: the customer wanting breakfast asks a waiter: Have you ...

Phoenix, Have you any ham? Yes, we have ham. Have you any eggs? Yes, we have eggs. OK, ham and eggs!

Hi and welcome to the group. I am a Kiwi born Aussie and also new to the group. What is Lymphedema? I presume it is something to do with the Lymph glands. I have just recovered from having Lymphoma.

Hi and welcome to the group. I am a Kiwi born Aussie and also new to the group. What is Lymphedema? I presume it is something to do with the Lymph glands. I have just recovered from having Lymphoma.

Hi Robin. Lymphedema is where the lymph builds up in your tissues rather than being transported away through lymph vessels. It causes a lot of swelling, hence, my feet get bigger and bigger until they are as big as Big Foot's!

It's wonderful that you beat Lymphoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back