Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll is not well

Mike

Her Majesty the Queen spent one night in hospital last week,
for a sore back I believe, she has been using a walking stick
for a few weeks now.

She looks fine and is working from home, Windsor Castle, last
week she cancelled a visit to Northern Ireland and today it has
been announced that she will not attend the conference next
month in Scotland, about Global Warming I think.

She is using zoom at the moment.

I wish her well, as I have never known her to be ill, she is a tough
lady indeed.

Maybe we could all send her a prayer, they might help.

Mike.

I could never understand why Prince Charles has never taken up "the job." I bet he would like to do it. It would be terrible if he passed away before the good Queen.

She's always been tough. She bucked her father's opinion to marry Phillip, she served as a driver and mechanic in Military during WWII. i've no doubt she's done paperwork somewhere that names her successor should she pass before they formally make the announcement and she 'steps aside'. Lots of speculation in world press about whether Charles or William. We'll have to wait and see.

But she is 95, when her beloved Phillip died last April my daughter and i talked about the fact that did she not take her responsibilities to the country so seriously she probably would have followed him quickly. Couples who are as close as they were often die close together, or the second death comes within the next year on some important date for them -one of their Birthdays, their wedding anniversary or the 1 yr anniversary of the first one's passing. Guess what is coming up 11/20/21--their 74th wedding anniversary.

DD had not heard yet that Queen Elizabeth is ill, tho she usually follows the British royals much more closely than i do. She told me she still thinks it will depend on if the Queen feels the country is strong enough all things considered to handle the transition well.

A friend who works in the "Home Office", tells me that he thinks
that she has covid, but she has been using a stick lately, that of
course could be a bluff.

Mike.

She's always been tough. She bucked her father's opinion to marry Phillip, she served as a driver and mechanic in Military during WWII. i've no doubt she's done paperwork somewhere that names her successor should she pass before they formally make the announcement and she 'steps aside'. Lots of speculation in world press about whether Charles or William. We'll have to wait and see.

But she is 95, when her beloved Phillip died last April my daughter and i talked about the fact that did she not take her responsibilities to the country so seriously she probably would have followed him quickly. Couples who are as close as they were often die close together, or the second death comes within the next year on some important date for them -one of their Birthdays, their wedding anniversary or the 1 yr anniversary of the first one's passing. Guess what is coming up 11/20/21--their 74th wedding anniversary.

DD had not heard yet that Queen Elizabeth is ill, tho she usually follows the British royals much more closely than i do. She told me she still thinks it will depend on if the Queen feels the country is strong enough all things considered to handle the transition well.
From what I've read, she doesn't get any say in who her successor is; it is mandated by law that it will follow the formal line of succession. It will be Charles unless he steps aside; if he did that, then it would be William.

From what I've read, she doesn't get any say in who her successor is; it is mandated by law that it will follow the formal line of succession. It will be Charles unless he steps aside; if he did that, then it would be William.
Officially that's true. i worded that badly. Not acknowledging the line of succession.

But having observed her, can anyone doubt that if she thinks William would be better choice than Charles (no spring youngster himself, turning 73 on 11/14/21) that she wouldn't have a talk with Charles? i also suspect that while he may have wanted it enough when young to marry someone 'more suitable' (on paper at least) than the woman he loved, that doesn't mean it is still desirable to him. But who knows, he may feel that considering two women (and himself no doubt) suffered due to that choice that he should at least hold the position for a while. Those of us who outlive her will watch it play out.

I believe the Queen can go to Parliament if she decides she'd like to bypass her son. She'd have to have a very good reason to present to the M.P.s if she did that. I doubt that she will.

I've always admired her and now that I've watched every episode of The Crown, I'm even more impressed. I think she's made wise decisions, carried herself with the dignity of her position, and conducted herself morally as befits the "keeper of the faith," of the Church of England.

I think in the past she has said she will continue her reign until she dies, as most monarchs of the past did.

Back