Honk, If You Like Geese!

Orinoco Goose
Orinoco%20Goose.jpg

[FONT=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, .SFNSText-Regular, sans-serif]This morning while fishing at my nearby local park, a lady, a 100 yards or so down the shoreline called to me to help her. She had captured a Canadian Goose that had a bunch of fishing line wrapped around one of it's legs. It was so bad that it had started to cut into the leg. Leslie, as I found out was her name, (another senior ex hippie), ask me to carefully cut loose the line as she lovingly held and comforted the big bird. I got all the line off and put it in my pocket so no other animals could get tangled with it. Leslie said she walks around the lake almost every morning to pick up trash and feed all the different waterfowl (birdseed, not bread or tortillas which is terrible for the birds) and to tries and catch any birds that have line wrapped on their legs. Since retiring recently, I fish there all the time now and I too have caught and helped various ducks, mostly Mallards and Muskovys and a couple Canadian Geese that had their legs badly wrapped with fishing lines. It was great morning to meet this concerned and very nice person.[/FONT]

I know this is an old thread, but I have to say that Canada Geese are the worst pests we have in the greater Chicago area. They stay all year, in huge numbers, fouling thousands of ponds with their e-coli excrement, and are considered to be giant, flying rats. I wish they could all be shot, then use them to feed the hungry which would be the only thing they could possible be good for. They are an environmental disaster.

Thank,retiredtraveler, for sharing your opinion. You are not alone, in your dislike of geese. This thread caters to people who choose to "Give Geese A Chance". Imagine...an old thread in a Senior forum!!:eek:nthego:
903ca4e5b7c49415d6e693cb57bce640.jpg

Back