Honk, If You Like Geese!

While visiting former friends some years back in OK and before I knew that swans can attack and be quite viscous, we went to a picnic at a lake that had a few swans visit often.

There was a big one swimming quite near the shore. Finally it got so hot, I had to take a dip. While I was backstroking and side stroking, this creature came up and swam beside me. I amazed! It was such a thrill to be so close to it.

Friends began calling and gesturing to me to come back to shore, so when I did they said I was lucky that swan must have gotten used to a lot of people visiting there.

Google Maps shows goose trying to swim in Boise State's blue turf

"For the millionth time, it's not a lake, dude":cool::confused:
goose3.0.png

I picked up a duck decoy at GW the other day, to decorate our log cabin room, and it made me think about goose decoys.:eek:nthego:

Don't tell me, let me guess!

The big one is the chicken egg, right? :rolleyes::playful:

LOL, RR, your older post ...

View attachment 42132
Richard Michael "Goose" Gossage is a former Major League Baseball right-handed relief pitcher. I had a mad crush on him when he played for the Yankees.
... reminded me, there was another old timer "Goose" baseball player.

Leon Allen "Goose" Goslin

220px-Goose-goslin.jpg

(Just wanted to insure the completeness of this topic. :playful:)

I love all waterfowl. When I go over to my nearby park to fish, there's always geese and ducks that know me because I feed them with seed (never bread, which is really bad for birds and the lake too.) There are some Toulouse Geese and some domestic whites, and a few Canadian Geese depending on the time of year. I have saved several geese and ducks that had fishing line wrapped around their legs. Actually my favorite birds at the park are the very friendly and quiet Muscovy Ducks. They come right up to me if I sit down. And they don't quack.. only a kind of hissing noise.

Back