Honk, If You Like Geese!

I like the picture where they are just taking off. They appear as if they were already in a V formation and just took off that way.

I like the picture where they are just taking off. They appear as if they were already in a V formation and just took off that way.
Somehow I thought the geese would be more aggressive. Perhaps not, unless they are protecting their nests.

That was beautiful. Did you notice they flew over to you in a V formation? You were doing what a naturalist does. You were taking video notes. If you loved what you were doing then, perhaps you should attend college to become a naturalist. I took a bird watching class in college. As a project I had to study a bird of my choosing. I decided to study Robins. It was spring, they were nesting. I noticed that the male would search for food and bring it back to the female. The female only left the nest once in a while. For the short time she was gone the male just stood by the nest. Robins occasionally hop instead of running. I could not figure out why unless they altered their hunting patterns. I always tell my children to follow their heart. You cannot go wrong that way because you will always be doing what you love. By what I saw you already have the skills of a film maker. Sea how many of your classes you can make films for as study projects. I think you may get good grades. On the other hand I have not been in school for eons. In this case, trust your gut.

canada-geese-flying-by-gidzy-ccl.jpg

I didn't read all the posts past the first page.
In New Jersey Canada Geese are pests.
You can't walk through a park or near a lake without zig zagging a goose poop mine field.

I'm not a hunter, I've never harmed another living thing larger than a bug, but I'd endorse a year round hunting season on these geese.

You can't walk through a park or near a lake without zig zagging a goose poop mine field.

I'm not a hunter, I've never harmed another living thing larger than a bug, but I'd endorse a year round hunting season on these geese.

I'm with you. If they would stay where they are supposed to it wouldn't be so bad.

At our hospital here, they have ponds. The geese now know they are safe there. Goose poop all over the sidewalks and is tracked in on the shoes of those working there.

A hospital is supposed to be a sanitary place, not a wildlife refuge. Of course you can't touch them, they are a protected species. Such nonsense should not be tolerated. Humans come first.

I love the sounds they make. Around here I've never seen more than maybe 10-20 in a group at once flying formation. If the group gets too big, it becomes just a mass of noise. I like the smaller groups, because you can pick out the individual sounds. Audio clip:

Last edited:

This thread is pretty much a light hearted look at geese, not a hot topic type thread. Thanks for stopping by, no need to honk.

Last edited:

Back