Honk, If You Like Geese!

giphy.gif

As far as I can tell, Will Rodgers never said "I never met a goose, that I didn't like"!
132444.jpg

...but he did say:

“If you feel the urge, don't be afraid to go on a wild goose chase. What do you think wild geese are for anyway?”

― Will Rogers

Nope! I don't like geese. They crap all over the places I want to walk. There is just too many of them.

Attachments

• crazy Gose1.jpg
    crazy Gose1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Crazy Goos2.jpg
    Crazy Goos2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Crazy Goos3.jpg
    Crazy Goos3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 2
Gorgeous Egyptian Art From 4,600 Years Ago Reveals an Extinct Goose (2021)

"Artwork that had adorned the walls of an Egyptian prince's tomb for more than four millennia has been found to contain images of a bird completely unknown to modern science - until now."

"Although archaeologists have been eyeing the representations of local waterfowl since the fresco's discovery at the dig site of Meidum in 1871, it's taken an evolutionary biologist's clever taxonomic sleuthing to see the birds for what they really were."

"Last year Anthony Romilio from the University of Queensland in Australia took a closer look at the six birds represented in a famous piece known as the Meidum Geese, a 4,600-year-old painting historians describe as "one of the great masterpieces of the Egyptian animal genre". (Read More)

red_extinct_goose_1024.jpg

Some younger Canadian adults call them "cobra chickens " for their aggressive attacks on other birds. Here in the Toronto area the Parks department has hired border collie dogs ( and their handlers ) to scare away the Canada geese, who are not harmed, only chased by the dogs. JimB.

Back