How about a post for Song Covers

Written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards and their Manager - Andrew Loog Oldham.
Oldham gave the song to Faithful who fell in love with the opening bars with the Cor Anglais(Woodwind Instrument)

Marianne Faithfull - As Tears Go By 1964​

Pat Boone - As Tears Go By 1965​

I am a HUGE Mike and the Mechanics fan.. have seen them live in concert and met them in person, and this song is my Absolute favourite... and I've posted it several times on this forum over the years

However this lovely Gospel version .. has a beauty of all it's own, and I've also posted this on the forum , at least once in the past....

I am a HUGE Mike and the Mechanics fan.. have seen them live in concert and met them in person, and this song is my Absolute favourite... and I've posted it several times on this forum over the years

However this lovely Gospel version .. has a beauty of all it's own, and I've also posted this on the forum , at least once in the past....
great song with a strong message as well.
Tell your loved ones how much you care about them before it is too late.

A :love: emoticon reaction isn't enough thanks! So thanks again! So beautiful. Now I have hours of happy exploration of the Transatlantic sessions to look forward to.
Annie...oooh if you love Celtic music you will love Transatlantic sessions... Aly Bain, Phil Cunningham and a host of guest musicians from Scotland, and all over the world but especially the USA ... it's all filmed and recorded in a beautiful part of the west coast of Scotland.. Please start with the first sessions, ( I've been to see Aly (Shetland Lead Fiddler and narrator) and Phil ( accordion player among other instruments).. in concert several times, even got them to pose for photos for me afterwards , last time was on my 60th Birthday and is where this photo was taken of me by both of them, which I've used a lot on here..... .. :love:
56th-Birthday1-zpsc9a8ed1ffff.jpg

here's the first sessions for you, if you haven't already found them

Back