How Can We Stop Killing

Well God killed everything but pairs and one family to rid the world of Evil.... That had to include alot of INNOCENT children.
Guess hes the original Re-Booter...
Islam basically tells you to KILL any non believers that dont convert...
Look at what good Christians did to the Natives here in the Americas...
The Human animal is a civilized top of the chain predator, some more civilized and compassionate than others.
I Try to be one of those... But I would not hesitate to respond with extreme violent's to protect me and my own.
Do agree there are to many incidents of Police being over aggressive in their response to a situation, But they HAVE TO...
You have a split second to make a choice on your response, As I do in my job... and a life hangs in the balance..
My job. its the patient, with a cop its you that may not go home.

Well God killed everything but pairs and one family to rid the world of Evil.... That had to include alot of INNOCENT children.
I don't know that for sure!! You are making a huge assumption!! Think again!!

Ruthanne

"From my Catholic upbringing I have always believed that killing was wrong, very wrong. Yet, It happens all the time. I realize sometimes people have to be stopped from killing at many expenses..but isn't there a better way to stop it? I have seen that many other ways have sometimes been used like rubber bullets and so forth..what's your answer to this?"

This is a very tough question and I don't think any of us has the answer until the "moment of truth" is upon us.
In my case, I already know that I have a protective nature that would come into play pretty quickly.

For American society as a whole, I doubt that we will never eliminate killing. We will be lucky if we can even get it reduced.
Thank you @Pecos I have not addressed this thread in a long time. Your response makes much sense.

Spot on. My partner works at a non-profit organization that exists to assist victims of domestic violence. It has always been an issue in the US but became worse during the Covid lockdowns. Very often, they don't want to leave due to the children involved. It is horrible.
Many of these situations are caused by alcoholism and drug addiction. I'm meaning both street/illegal drugs, as well as the so called 'party drugs', and the prescribed pharmacy purchased drugs prescribed by physicians. We need to clean up our act in this regard -- it's a world wide problem.

Drug use is really bad in France. Party drugs are widely used here and I have heard from some UK residents that the French love their little pills. So when I feel like I am dealing with mostly 'stoned' people then its no wonder they are causing problems with each other and having beakdowns in relationships of all kinds.

I think the Op realizes that killing is situational, pointing out rubber bullets as one option.

But since there are so many situations maybe the OP can put herself in this situation.

She is a police officer, she is visiting a school for show & tell day for her 6 yr. old daughter.

A man enters her daughters classroom armed with guns and begins shooting kids. Does she plead with the shooter, take out her nightstick, her taser, or her gun to stop the slaughter of innocent children. Remember police officers are trained to prevent further deaths.
I see what you said. That is a made up story you said. I think you were trying to put me on the spot--so go forth,

Bike gangs have long been involved in smuggling illegal weapons into Australia and are linked to criminal activities. It is also true that we have an active gun lobby but the majority of the population are happy with current legislation.

To make it clear to everyone - gun ownership is not banned in Australia but it is well regulated and each firearm must be licenced by the owner.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-deaths-by-country Interesting, when you look at the figures. We still seem to think it's the wild, wild west, and apparently it is. Pretty disheartening when you look at Canada, and then at us right next door. It seems very few of those itchy trigger fingers out there have ever seen violent death, or war. Once you have, any enticement it may have had very quickly fades. A close look at the figures in the chart show many of the countries with the worst records, including are own, are steeped in machismo. There is nothing manly in killing. Yet 90% of it is done by men. There are many things that could help, more social, and mental health workers to deal with situations that the police are not trained to deal with, should be at the top of the list, along with a totally new approach to policing in general. Police departments across the country, pay out millions of dollars in wrongful death cases every year. Wouldn't putting that money toward alternatives be so much more useful? Social evolution is a painfully slow process as it is, and it seems that social media is not doing much to help in that area. Very difficult to get much accomplished in a country so divided, but all the more reason to keep on trying. Mike

Last edited:
Even if we could stop homemade drugs, or illegal street drugs ( which I still think is impossible ), it isn't going stop us from killing each other anytime soon. As everything collapses around us, people are going to get more violent. So I expect there to be a big rise in deaths due to many "ways". The protracted mess we are making of the pandemic, immigration problems, inequality GAP, and gun proliferation.

I have no idea. Sometimes I feel like a tiny spark could set off a civil war, other times I can feel our culture/society melting away like the ice bergs in the Arctic....slowly and then a big/massive chunk falls in to the ocean. That is why I think it important not to feel bad that a huge metamorphosis is required. We should all quit hiding from it, and begin participating in stopping it's acceleration.

Pardon my skepticism. Climate change is a big worry. But we all lived through the Cold War, when we were at each others' throats with nuclear weapons backing up our threats. And what is "collapse?" The collapse of the old USSR and Soviet bloc was a good thing. (The rise of Putin, not so good).

In the 70s, we had hyperinflation, stagnation, Communist expansion, oil shocks and many other terrible issues.

In the 80s, it was AIDS, nuclear fears, and the rise of Islamic fundamentalism

The beat goes on.

Back