How Diverse Is Your Family?

My Maternal side family generations: Great Grandparents, Grandparents, Mother, aunts and uncles, and my cousins all had blue eyes and were all of NW European heritage. When we started hatching kids, my generation brought some darker eyed genes into our club. One cousin's wife, a beautiful Japanese American girl frequently made jokes about being the only brown eyed person at our family doings. We all loved her.

I'm largely 3/4 German and 1/4 English, with a DNA test done by my sister who married someone of Italian background revealing some Irish and French from many generations ago. The latest arrival to the U.S. came in the early 20th century. I have a nephew married to an Indian lady who moves easily between American and Indian cultures...

out of curiosity are we likely to know your relations who are singers , recording artists, and actors? :)..anyone well known?
Holly before I give that information, let me explain that I don't reveal my real name on sites that I use a screen name. The reason is that something called Botnets scan the internet and gather information which they then put into search engines. Another reason is due to the private nature of things discussed on this and another site for Boomers, On the other site, we are a very close knit "family" and get real personal sometimes. Never would I want the Botnets to connect the two. Also, they tend to hook words and phrases together that were spoken by or from someone else's site just because of a commonality (ie: we commented on one another's work on Broadjam or Facebook). Also, pictures of my family member have been shown on search engines when I've searched myself. That kind of creeps me out!

That being said, I will message you about my cousin Tony and I (we are recording artists) because Tony has our family surname. These cousins don't have our surname...Cousin Keith is definitely well known since he has acted in close to (if not) 200 T.V. shows and movies plus has done theater. Never met him but talked with his grandmother (who was one of our family reunion regional coordinators) countless times on the phone. I sent her my CD to take to him when she visited him in Cali. The one reunion he was able to attend (in Connecticut about 16 years ago) is where another cousin I never met who lived in Hartford approached him (at the urgings of our cousin Bernadine) and told him about her desire to become an actress. He offered to help her get started and invited her to stay with him and his wife. She babysat for them in between looking for gigs. The story was told to me by his grandmother,

Here are their Wikipedia links where you can see Keith's extensive Filmography and Kendra's works.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_David
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendra_C._Johnson
I'll write a separate response with a video of my cousin Daniel on The Voice, Germany.

Last edited:
out of curiosity are we likely to know your relations who are singers , recording artists, and actors? :)..anyone well known?
I met my cousin Daniel when a group of us headed down to South Carolina by bus for our 2015 family reunion. He came from Germany just to be with us. None of us, not even his grandmother (the excited, brown woman in the video) knew of his singing aspirations at that time. It's a trip that he prefers to be a crooner rather than sing today's music. Daniel is doing gigs in Europe and is working on an album. Not well known yet....but praying he will find the success he deserves. His grandmother keeps me posted about his endeavors. He's a very nice young man and we're very proud of him. His mother and (half) brother are also cheering him on.

Whoa! Despite his looks, which please many people, bin Salman is a murdering cutthroat. I'm sure your son is a lovely person, I'd concentrate on that.

Lesseeee...lessee....

Mom's side;
German, German, and more German

Dad's side;
Irish, English,

and

.....some sorta Mongolian tribe of the Oriats ('forest people')
Not sure how that happened
But,

it is what it is

View attachment 83320

Of late, things have been a bit more diverse

Afro, Mexi, Erin, Anglo...maybe others, but.... thankfully.... none have come forth
Why do you say "thankfully...none have come forth" Gary?

I am the second youngest of six kids. My mom always said her family was Irish, but after talking to some cousins, we determined she was a mixture of Irish, Welsh, Scottish, etc. She came from a family of 7 kids. My dad was Hungarian. His parents immigrated to the USA in the early 1900's. He was one of 9 kids. Tons of cousins, aunts, uncles.

I then found out, after I had been married a couple of years, that the man I thought was my biological father wasn't. My younger brother and I are the only full siblings we have. A shock to say the least. And I wonder how often this type of thing happens. Maybe without anyone knowing.

I have a whole other family out there I know nothing about.
I know how you feel Uptosnuff. I found out on the day of my 16th birthday party that the person I thought was a beloved cousin was actually my birth mother and my parents were actually my grand uncle and aunt. My bio-mom died very young at age 25 from kidney disease so she was already gone when I found out. The psychic part of me suspected they were not my "real" parents since I was very young. I was too young to know the word "biological" at the time. Blessedly they were great parents.

I know how you feel Uptosnuff. I found out on the day of my 16th birthday party that the person I thought was a beloved cousin was actually my birth mother and my parents were actually my grand uncle and aunt. My bio-mom died very young at age 25 from kidney disease so she was already gone when I found out. The psychic part of me suspected they were not my "real" parents since I was very young. I was too young to know the word "biological" at the time. Blessedly they were great parents.

Sounds like everything turned out alright for the both of us. I had a very stable, mostly happy childhood, considering the circumstances. Although I was totally ignorant.

Interesting about the "psychic part" of you that suspected. I didn't suspect a thing. Absolutely clueless, but my younger brother always thought we were adopted when we were kids. We did not look like any of our siblings, and they were so much older than we.

According to genealogy records, most of my English/Irish/Scottish family came to the US in the 16th century. The German and French arrived in about 1830. I used to be part Native American, but one of my dad's cousins had a DNA test and concluded there was no Indian blood in the family, only tall story tellers.

The ones accounted for are more than enough.
They've all but done me in.
Unsure of what/who's out there, sprung from my loins during the early 'busy' season of thoughtless premature manhood
ROFLM*O!!! Gary...you crack me up. Well then....I guess it is a good thing nobody else has shown up. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Both sides of my family, especially my father's, were not very endowed in the child producing area. My mother had 3 brothers and I have 5 cousins between them. My father had 2 sisters and a brother. The brother never married or had kids, one of the aunts married late in life and had no children. I have three cousins from dad's other sister. So, in total bllod relatives - 6 aunts & uncles and 8 cousins. I am an only child on top of that.

I met my cousin Daniel when a group of us headed down to South Carolina by bus for our 2015 family reunion. He came from Germany just to be with us. None of us, not even his grandmother (the excited, brown woman in the video) knew of his singing aspirations at that time. It's a trip that he prefers to be a crooner rather than sing today's music. Daniel is doing gigs in Europe and is working on an album. Not well known yet....but praying he will find the success he deserves. His grandmother keeps me posted about his endeavors. He's a very nice young man and we're very proud of him. His mother and (half) brother are also cheering him on.
OMG, what a voice! He's wonderful.

My Maternal side family generations: Great Grandparents, Grandparents, Mother, aunts and uncles, and my cousins all had blue eyes and were all of NW European heritage. When we started hatching kids, my generation brought some darker eyed genes into our club. One cousin's wife, a beautiful Japanese American girl frequently made jokes about being the only brown eyed person at our family doings. We all loved her.

It's funny you mentioned Blue eyes. Both my parents were Italian and came from large families. My Mom had 5 brothers and 6 sisters. All the boys had blue eyes and all the girls had brown eyes. Out of over 40 cousins on my Mom's side I was the only girl with blue eyes. On my Dad's side he had 6 sisters and 1 brother and 30 cousins and no one on that side of the family had blue eyes. So obviously I was the odd one in the family.

We're a Heinz 57 Variety family.

On my mother's side, it's mostly English and German.

On my dad's side, whooo boy...… It turned out that my dad was adopted (just found that out a few years ago). His biological father was my "grandfather's" brother, so the bloodline is the same there. We had to throw out all the genetic info on my "grandmother". My biological grandmother's family was mostly English. I have a paternal great-grandmother who was a Melungeon (Scottish, Black and Cherokee Indian) and according to the ancestry test my sister did, we are also part Bangladeshi (WHAT?).

My two great-granddaughters are mixed-race.

As I said.....Heinz 57 Variety. We're mutts.

Let's just say that the ads on tv which are supposed to represent modern Britain certainly do not represent mine. We are proud of our Celtic heritage and are keen to keep it that way.

Back