How do you feel about men, over 60, with long hair?

I like long hair on "some men" . When it's so thin and pulled back in a rubber band , I think "why bother?" LOL
I totally agree with that! Some guys are almost bald on top but grow that hair and pull it back...ridiculous!

I think an older man could definitely pull off wearing his hair long if it's kept clean & neat. I suppose hair color, personality & lifestyle would all play a part in that, but I say, do as you please, just be true to you!
I don’t think there is any set rules on hair regarding gender and age. For myself I think hair that’s clean and well cared for can look great on anyone no matter what length or age.
It can look incredibly sexy on older men or women. Long hair can look terrible on anyone if it’s ratty looking and not cared for.
9D3CE0EA-F058-4E94-9525-68C8CA4AA49E.jpegAEC39C7D-14F2-4E09-96F5-5B3D3B30DB72.jpeg

Last edited:
I nevder could get used to guys with long hair. Yet, I wear my hair short and I cannot get accustomed to older women with long hair. It never looks becoming to me. My hair is baby fine and I have to keep it short and at my age, it looks better. My son nor my late husband never had long hair.

I'll let the salon decide. I'm thinking just curl it under. I have one of those curling irons hanging around. I'll give it a try. Kind of hard to do by yourself. I do have a good mirror system in my bathroom. I can see the back of my head.
A curling iron would definitely work . It might take you a bit of time to get used to it and a few burns but it certainly doable. Perms can be unpredictable and are often frizzy but I’m no hairstylist either.

I nevder could get used to guys with long hair. Yet, I wear my hair short and I cannot get accustomed to older women with long hair. It never looks becoming to me. My hair is baby fine and I have to keep it short and at my age, it looks better. My son nor my late husband never had long hair.

Lewcat, I usually agree with everything you say! (with all due respect) I grew my hair long during the pandemic and it's about to my waist now. I LOVE IT! i wear it over one shoulder. Don't care who likes it or not!
I think anyone should be able to do anything they want with their hair; whatever feels comfortable to them.
As for men, short hair, long hair no hair, don't care, THAT'S THEIR OWN BUSINESS! but a beard and mustache on a man is so SEXY and MASCULINE!
but,
Why do men want to shave and manicure hair off their bodies? Why do they want to be effiminate? Give me a NATURAL man!

Gaer, I cannot abide beards and mustaches on a guy. My dad grew a mustache once and I hated it when he kissed my cheek, which he did often. It felt weird. But, after I studied nursing and learned how many bacteria nestle in hair that was a complete turnoff for me. I was an OR nurse after I received my RN, and we did not permit facial hair on anyone in the OR back in the day. I see that has changed today. But when I had surgery a couple of years ago, none of the doctors had any facial hair at all. Matter of what we are accustomed to and the things we learn in life.

Gaer, I cannot abide beards and mustaches on a guy. My dad grew a mustache once and I hated it when he kissed my cheek, which he did often. It felt weird. But, after I studied nursing and learned how many bacteria nestle in hair that was a complete turnoff for me. I was an OR nurse after I received my RN, and we did not permit facial hair on anyone in the OR back in the day. I see that has changed today. But when I had surgery a couple of years ago, none of the doctors had any facial hair at all. Matter of what we are accustomed to and the things we learn in life.
hahaha! INTERESTING!
of course, personal hygiene has to be observed! and yes! i was only considering what LOOKED sexy (IMO) on a man!
So, OK, point taken!

I completely agree. Hair definitely can harbour bacteria and fungus which can get funky if not properly washed and cared for. That’s one thing I get a bit jealous of when I see my husband shaving his head. It’s most certainly cleaner than I can ever clean mine.

He adds some aftershave cream that smells so good. If I were to ever shave my head I’d marinate in the feeling of clean.

What a timely topic, I haven't been to a barber since the Covid quarentine started. I've always worn my hair military style short, but I'm thinking I'll just let it grow for a while....

My hair does need a trim 'tho, barber shops and beauty salons have been allowed to reopen here in Calif., in that last couple weeks. I imagine the appointment list for haircuts is a mile long.

I think however a man wants to wear his hair and how he likes it is up to him. I have seen men with long hair over 50 or 60 and if it's kept clean I think it looks nice, much like my own--even tho I'm not a man:LOL:

iu

This guy always turned me on...❤

iu

at age 74 ..
220px-Barry_Gibb_in_2017-Glasto17-197_%2834744934874%29.jpg
That top picture looked like the first guy I ever fell in love with. He had that that cute Jesus look. Some people suite long hair.

Remember Chrystal Gayle ?

73EEBA9F-6560-4DCE-B5ED-2324C91F4D36.jpeg
And here she is now. She still has long hair.
I know this is to long for most of you but I find it beautiful. I’m not sure I’d want it quite that long . Maybe fingertip length.

9EBD3BE4-3183-4B59-96CC-617E0407C333.jpeg

Back to the men

Last edited:

Back