How does one re-attach a little chunk of one's heart that broke?

The only thing I can say is that time heals. Hang tough, remember the love and give it time to heal.
They used to say when someone was angry about something, and couldn't sort it out in any other way, they could always "go a kick the dog"!

I'm not suggesting that might help the OP in this case obviously, but putting your mind to something else, if you're able to, can help, even giving someone a bit of grief in an argument/discussion on the forum maybe, (in place of kicking the metaphorical dog!).

WoW how i do understand . I had a cat for 14 years, when he died I thought someone just ripped my heart out of my chest. Never ever thought I would become so attached.

As someone else said, never again.

I still miss that little fur-ball. He started my day, everyday, with a smile & laugh .

They used to say when someone was angry about something, and couldn't sort it out in any other way, they could always "go a kick the dog"!

I'm not suggesting that might help the OP in this case obviously, but putting your mind to something else, if you're able to, can help, even giving someone a bit of grief in an argument/discussion on the forum maybe, (in place of kicking the metaphorical dog!).
I went out and petted a couple of horses--not quite a "kick," but it felt good and they loved it.

We had our second lab, Mackie, cremated. His ashes are in a sealed ginger-jar type urn, blue with silver veins. The intent was to bury it in the backyard, but we moved. It sits on the bedroom table with his photo.

I wish we had done that with our first lab, Moe, but we just didn't think of it, and money was tighter back then.

I miss them both every day, though it has been a good many years they've been gone.

Warm hugs Ruby Rose. Beautiful Baby Rosie was such a precious friend for you and I really enjoyed reading about her. In time, may that hole in your heart be filled with more love...be it another pet, family love, new friends here, or God's love.il_794xN.2866046537_qt0p.jpg

Last edited:
Much LOVE from me too ❤️ It’s a very hard thing to go through and I hope you soon get, not a replacement for Rosie (because she can never be relaced) but another bird to share all of that love you have to give with💕. They would be blessed to have you!!!! ❤️

Some might say, "It's only a bird. Buck up, and face the day". My cat, Mikey, died. He was 16 years old. I have so many Mikey stories. From the day I brought him home, he was a character. I knew he was failing. I decided to let him stay home, and pass away in familiar surrounds, with my two other cats. Cats hide their disabilities. It's hard to tell what's going on with them. I saw him trying to get into a chair and it was easy to see, he was in excruciating pain. I couldn't let him suffer. It was time for him. to go to the vet's. It was one minute, and he was home, and a second later, he was gone. This was about an hour before I had to go to work. That little cat was a part of my life for 16 years. There was no way I could go to work., I was a nurse at a large psychiatric hospital. I had to call out. I could have lied and made up a story that I was sick, He was only a cat. I told them that Mikey died, and I was way too emotional upset to come to work. To my surprise, they understood my grief They were kind, and told me to take the day off. I guess it was because of the business they are in that they understood. It's when you lose someone that you love, it's very hard. You need the time to grieve. It hurts so much, because you loved so much.

I am a little down at this time and a little chunk of my heart broke off and I don't know how to fix it. Yesterday afternoon my 10 year old sweet little parrot died in my arms. She was in her 'moulting stage' and when so, gets overwhelmed with fatigue but this time, it was too much for her and nothing one could do other than keep her warm and hydrated. She was attached to me all day Tuesday and yesterday for warmth and love. It is hard for me as she was my 'sunshine' past ten years and still had ten more years to go. She was such a special presence in my life...I loved and taught her so much over the years. The presence of 'silence' bounces off the walls...this morning was especially hard to bear as I usually take care of her before I head out to the horses and all and my breakfast. So there was that pocket of time just for her that I didn't know what to do with. Thanks for listening...at times I simply have to write it down to pass on. Her name was 'Baby Rosie' right from the beginning. She was not quite four months old when I bought her.
Every little pet I have had in my life has brought some kind of joy. Even the goldfish while I grumbled at cleaning their bowls every other week. When these little friends come and stay for long period of time it is always harder to say goodbye. I am sure Baby Rosie made you smile and laugh millions of times so those are your joyful memories of her for the days ahead. 🙏

When you feel up to it I would like to read more about Baby Rosie.

My son has a female Goffin Cockatoo,, I think she is 3 years old.
Much to my husband's disgust , son lets her fly free in the house .

When the sons were young we had parakeets.
Taught one to talk.
I have made note of that and will a bio on her

I went out and petted a couple of horses--not quite a "kick," but it felt good and they loved it.
And...went back in and baked two more home-made breads...my honey recipe and Wed. while Rosie was attached to me, I baked two Artisan Breads...you do a lot kneading and pounding and really can't let your mind wander...great therapy...and I share my bread with my neighbour...my daughter and her husband. I stepped out for a bit of air and heard from the round pen...'hey I can smell your bread'! Also, there are always lots of animals to love here from horses to sheep to goats, etc. I am blessed that way.

Back