How far away do you live from the place you were born?

I still live in the home where I was born. The house was built by my grandfather in 1921 and I was born in '33. It's passed from my grandfather to my mom, to me, and now to our youngest daughter. We gave her the home in 1995 while retaining a life lease to live out our days here.

As we move into our late 80's and the frailties mount, it's very comforting to have the young folks to help out as needed. Without the 2 (now college age) grandkids, to rely on, our smartphone use would be far more limited. :D

Good on ya'. It was my assumption that you calculated the circumference of the globe in miles and divided it by 2 just to get the maximum distance possible ... as an additional mile would have tallied in the minus which might apply to Malacoota or even Dandenong.

Last edited:
We moved about 2 yrs ago from where I was born raised and married (which is a looooong time) to where we live now. It is only a 20-minute ride from here to there. Both places are in Pennsylvania.
Have you learned the language over there yet? I heard from a couple of Penn friends that the dialects between Catesauqua and Hokendauqua are enormous. 😁

Current location in NM, 1833 miles from Tampa hospital where i was born. But the question got me wondering as i've traveled a bit and i've lived even farther--spent several months at first in-laws farm in Guyana, S. America, 2,158miles. And lived in Honolulu, Hawaii off/on for a few years in the 70's, 4,682 ,miles.

I have not been back since I was born there. I have seen some beautiful photos of Austria
Austria is a wonderful country. The police are not very nice though and some of the towns can be unfriendly. I speak German and I get by without any problems but I have seen how non-German speakers get nasty looks and no service, even thrown out of pubs claiming it's "closed". Anyway, I can't think of any part of Austria that isn't beautiful. :)

Back