How far away do you live from the place you were born?

Austria is a wonderful country. The police are not very nice though and some of the towns can be unfriendly. I speak German and I get by without any problems but I have seen how non-German speakers get nasty looks and no service, even thrown out of pubs claiming it's "closed". Anyway, I can't think of any part of Austria that isn't beautiful. :)
Well the pictures I have seen certainly show a land of beauty. The only place I had experience with not speaking the language was France...lol I felt they were insulted by my poor french. I took 2 yrs in high school and college but that was not enough and now due to lack of use I have forgotten all of it.

Well the pictures I have seen certainly show a land of beauty. The only place I had experience with not speaking the language was France...lol I felt they were insulted by my poor french. I took 2 yrs in high school and college but that was not enough and now due to lack of use I have forgotten all of it.
France ... oh yeah. Ridicule is their favourite pass-time. Even more important than football. What's wrong with those people?

Born in Augusta, Georgia and now live in Nashville, Tennessee
about 400 miles away.

Close enough for the foods I grew up with are easily available, stores sell
Moon Pies and RC Cola and Grits are on the menu at our local breakfast places. :)

I was born here in this city, lived in many other cities in this and 3 other states, moved to Venezuela for a few months, traveled a few places overseas, and came back where I was born to "retire". But only because the rent is cheap.

At present, only about 200 miles, but much of my life it was nearer to 800. This doesn't include the time I lived in Germany.

However, I've heard it said, "It doesn't matter where you come from, it's where you feel at home that matters".

Back