How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

It's morning. I slept the sleep of the innocent and didn't get up until 5:30.

DD has an early appointment. When she's done, we're going to the garden center to check out the flowers. It's a bit early so there might not be much available yet. While she's gone, I'm gonna get dressed and go out to spread mulch as soon as it's daylight.

I'm dressed and have done my morning chores. It's foggy. I forgot that daylight is later with DST so it's likely that DD will be back to fetch me before it's light enough to spread mulch.

Just so you know, I didn't win MegaMillions last night, not even a dollar :mad:

I understand how you feel HL. It seems that as they get older, we get put on the back burner because they (children and grands) get so busy with their own lives. And as we get older, it's been my experience that we do get more sensitive about these things. Even though all of my grandsons still live here in town, I don't see them often enough and only 2 of the 4 keep in decent touch. My granddaughter is in Atlantic City in college, just saw her because she's up here for a week. But even when I go down to AC, we can't always get together because she's got classes and work, both full time.
Thank you for that Diva. I'm retired with lots of time. I forget what life was like in the busy life of young people! 😊
I had a great visit and yes, I was being sensitive.
I need to assert myself more to plan get togethers. I have more time to do that, after all!

Eight out of 10 sacks of mulch have been spread. Yay me. DD is on her way home to pick me up and head off to the garden center. I hope there are some new flowers available. So far it's been pansies and more pansies. Don't ask me why because they are a winter flower here and won't last another month. Maybe they're for all the yankee transplants whose first year in the South is now?

Morning folks!! I just had a shock, a single large Canada Goose
just landed on my front porch a bit ago, !!!!! What a surprise, it
was wanting water out of the dish I keep on front steps, but water was frozen as temp is 22 deg f this morning...but he
walked around yard a bit and honked his displeasure and i
"talked" back to him LOL!!!!! He came back up the steps again
but water still frozen!! !LOL.. A great start to what i thougt
was gonna be another dull day !!!!!!:D:love:🦆

He came back up the steps again
but water still frozen!! !LOL.. A great start to what i thougt
was gonna be another dull day !!!!!!:D:love:🦆
He must have heard about your now famous biscuits and sausage gravy and just stopped by for some hospitality and a hot breakfast... and all you gave the poor lil' thing was frozen water. 🤭

Last edited:
hawkdon,, Glad you had a visit by a Canada goose that made your day .

Looks like the rain is staying away to day, here.
Hubby has to deal with vehicle insurance this morning.

He's in the woodpile cutting logs,,must be working off the frustration of dealing with insurance brokers?

Mac & I had a nice walk.
Now I'm shoving the new vacuum around upstairs.

It's louder than the Dyson,, I think it's the suction making it push harder?
Will check the canister to see if it filling up.

@Georgia Granny, I'm with you on pansies & primroses being in the nurseries early in the Spring.

We didn't stop at the Amish greenhouses yesterday,, didn't notice any lights on.
Figured they would have 'Easter Lilly' out for sale.

Anyhow I prefer Violas over pansies, some are starting to bloom by my front door. 🥰
Violas look like wild violets, but have different colors than blue/ purple.
They reseed everywhere but where I want them!

hawkdon,, Glad you had a visit by a Canada goose that made your day .

Looks like the rain is staying away to day, here.
Hubby has to deal with vehicle insurance this morning.

He's in the woodpile cutting logs,,must be working off the frustration of dealing with insurance brokers?

Mac & I had a nice walk.
Now I'm shoving the new vacuum around upstairs.

It's louder than the Dyson,, I think it's the suction making it push harder?
Will check the canister to see if it filling up.
Perhaps they make the motor loud, to convince you it's powerful and doing something useful?;):LOL:
Do check it out though; it could be pulling socks out of Mac's hiding places. :giggle::ROFLMAO:

We've been to the garden center. For those wishing to buy bedding plants, they'd best wait a day or two for the garden center to restock. LOL It took DD and me a few trips from the car to the garden to unload it all. My gardening to-do list is long, and it'll keep me off the streets today and tomorrow for sure.

@hawkdon You could have at least put some water out for that poor, thirsty goose. Tsk tsk.

@Kaila, nope! No markdowns.

Lazy. Cool 45f, cloudy, rain expected this evening and overnight.

Now that a large slow cooker is done with a boat-load of chicken quarters and a previously frozen carcass, will be cleaning off the skin, taking meat off the bone and straining the broth. I stuff chick into zip bags; 2 portions each for doggie (or me) and freeze.

After straining the broth I chill, pull off the hardened fat and put into freezer containers for us.

Not really in the mood but it must be done.

Brushed doggie, wiped down with large towelettes, trimmed the hair around her eyes. She looks much cuter now.

Wow!!! It went below freezing last night. My poor flowers!!!
emoticon
Well, we will be getting up near 60° this afternoon....maybe they'll recover.

Yesterday, we met my Mom in town were she treated us to breakfast. I had French toast for the first time in many years.
emoticon

From there we went to the gym. I actually worked out a little bit...and I feel better today. I guess I'm finally starting to recover from...whatever this is.
emoticon

We also picked up 5 movies from the Library yesterday. So now I've got a reason to sit around inside the house.
emoticon

Today was clean the
emoticon
day. That will probably the most exciting accomplishment of my day. Other than that, I've just kept busy with
emoticon

I don't feel too bad today, but I still have some chest congestion, and I can't tolerate breathing cold air. The sun is out and I'm hoping that it warms up this afternoon so that I can continue cutting the forsythia bushes. I'm guessing that there are 'only' about 15 more that need to be cut...I should be done in no time, right?!!!!
emoticon

By the time I finally finish cutting the forsythia bushes, the lilacs and spirea bushes should be ready for me to get started on them!
emoticon

Not a lot done today. Made a quick trip to pick up 2 pairs of my new glasses. Have two more ordered but they were not in yet. Made a quick little Walmart run. Ran by the post office and mailed a birthday care to BIL.

Just chilling tonight, I think, flat bread pizza for dinner. If I get any energy I will start a prep for a cook up tomorrow that should see me through the weekend.

My grandson turned five today. Because my daughter's family is gone camping, I just called him and sang, "happy birthday..." over the iPhone video, and he was very happy and excited that I remembered his birthday. His B-Day party will be when they come back home.

My wife is doing her part of our income tax today. For the last few years, we have been using "turbotax" by Intuit. We just plug in the numbers and never have to worry about the calculations, alternative tax, or whatever. Very simple and time-saving.

My other daughter, who has been a teacher in mainland China for the last ten years, just flew with her class to Chengdu to see the Pandas. She sent me pictures of how, dressed in a special uniform, she is cleaning their enclosure, being actually quite close to them.

Well, I went this morning with my 3 Boxer pups on our usual walk. We watched a woodpecker chipping a hole into a telephone pole, and we also saw other birds. After a good nap (always after each walk,) I went to my dentist. Bad news: I need a new crown and a root canal on another tooth. Luckily, I have only a 20% co-pay with Delta Dental Insurance.

My wife just came home from taking care of my daughter's house a few miles away while they are gone. She bought some delicious Chile Relleno for dinner. I can't wait. But my 3 pups, 65 - 95 pounds, are eating me poor; each day 1/2 bucket of dry dog food, plus treats. But I am saving money by bringing them hardly ever to the $$ Vet. My RN daughter is giving all the shots, and I am taking care of the rest.

The weather is perfect, and I am getting ready to take my pups on our usual evening walk.

Last edited:
Got another 2 financial transactions done and fixed a board for my window. I'm pleased with myself at the moment.

Noise outside was keeping me from a great sleep earlier, so I'm celebrating with a lie down and some puzzle games.

Rain outside at the moment. I'm hoping it lasts for a bit, so my neighbors will quiet down.

Back