How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

I started the day thinking it would be another do nothing day. I decided to see if I could set up my new phone. It took a while but it was fun. It's exactly like my old phone that broke a couple weeks ago except it's a different brand.

I set up everything and have been having fun playing on it including writing this post.

I started the day thinking it would be another do nothing day. I decided to see if I could set up my new phone. It took a while but it was fun. It's exactly like my old phone that broke a couple weeks ago except it's a different brand.

I set up everything and have been having fun playing on it including writing this post.
I will be getting my first ever smart phone soon. I'm not looking forward to it. But, it must be done. I'm glad you're having a good time with yours. Maybe there's hope for me yet.

I will be getting my first ever smart phone soon. I'm not looking forward to it. But, it must be done. I'm glad you're having a good time with yours. Maybe there's hope for me yet.
I got my first smartphone in 2020. I was dreading it too. So much stuff to learn. But I did one small thing then another. After a while I found some fun things I liked. I didn't think I'd be doing all these things. Some of the apps really did change my life for the better.

Good luck with your phone. I hope it goes well.

@Myra You'll be surprised at how quickly you'll adapt to the smartphone. I'm a technophobe, and even I can use mine with ease.

It's morning, kids. I'm up and ready to lick my weight in wildcats.

When I get home there are gardening things to do. Tomorrow is a day off with plenty of gardening chores to accomplish. Fortunately, we're supposed to have "abundant" sunshine. Yay.

No smartie phone for me, at least not yet, and at my age don't
see any reason to confuse my old brain any more than it already is...I have probs typing on my Jitterbug, which is about as simple as you can buy nowadays....Morning friends!!!! It is
46F here today, going into 70's later, no rain exp today, except late this eve poss storms....lawn guy is supposed to mow today
ahead of the rain....no other big plans for me yet, but then I am
only on first cuppa !@!!!!!!!:coffee::giggle:

It is
46F here today, going into 70's later, no rain exp today, except late this eve poss storms
Screenshot-2024-04-24-5-22-08-AM.png

~Went down to the laundry room and washed light colored clothes, bath linens and Deja’s cute porpoise bed (in a separate machine). I dried the bed down there since I felt it may be too big to dry properly in my dryer. I put it in a garbage bag and tied it shut but I’m glad I thought to check it later. Turns out it was still slightly damp (hardly detectable), so I took it out and set it on my desk so it could dry thoroughly. Once I hand wash the scratching post, my son can take them and the food she no longer wants to the shelter.

~I put away most of the laundry, finished putting away the items I bought over the weekend and Deja’s Chewy order that came in yesterday. Of course it involved rearranging stock.

~Called Optum RX to find out why they canceled my medication order per an email I received. The pharmacist, who was very nice, said my credit card was declined. I said it's the one I use all the time so I didn't know why. She reordered the meds, ran the card again and it went through. She thought there may have been a glitch in their system due to their system upgrade which occurred the day my card was declined.

~Balanced my checkbooks which took less time than expected. I hadn’t reconciled my main account since the beginning of March.

~Just as my son got the pan ready to make himself a grilled cheese sandwich, water started coming out of the vent over the stove. When he went upstairs, my neighbor over me said nothing was leaking in her kitchen. A couple of minutes after he came in, she called and apologized saying she didn’t know she had left her faucet running. 😒 She’s 87 now and maybe she’s getting forgetful, but this has happened a few times over the years. I consider her a friend so I handled
it nicely, but asked that she please be more careful because it causes quite a hassle for us.

When she called to apologize again and asked if anything was damaged, I told her that remains to be seen (one of my NuWave cooktops got water in it) and said jokingly that if it happens again she’ll have to come down and help us clean up. I quick grabbed a bucket when my son went upstairs but water had already gotten on the stove, the microwave, the counter and a little on the floor. We both were just glad we were at home otherwise we'd have come home to a flood.
I hope your upstairs friend isn't using cooking appliances that need to be turned off. That could be a bigger problem. Sorry you had to deal with that and I bet she feels terrible.

I hope your upstairs friend isn't using cooking appliances that need to be turned off. That could be a bigger problem. Sorry you had to deal with that and I bet she feels terrible.
Thank you Hearlady❣️ Yes, her forgetfulness is a concern. Regarding the incident yesterday, I'm glad she was home. She is still active, mostly with church activities. Had she left the faucet running and gone out, it really would have been a mess. I'm sure she does feel bad. I'll try the cooktop that was affected today and if it works, I'll send my son up when he gets home to let her know everything is working. I would call her but she has this ridiculous, long a*s message that I just do not have the patience to listen to.

@Myra Hey, my forgetful neighbor-friend's name is Myra too. :)

When I went on my early morning walk, temp was 47 lightly raining as I walked to buy today;s NYT
This morning my friend Mary& I are going on our weekly 'road trip' ,today to the local post office. I''ll be filling out change of address form,what date I want my mail forward to me when I move next month.This is another ck off on my 'to -do list',rather do it now so I don;t forget
Marcia emailed me yesterday , asking if I could dog sit my buddy boy 'Tage' this afternoon at 1, she is a docent at Darwin Martin House is giving a tour,of course I said' Yes'. No lunch to share with him
It will be the highlight of my day

An overcast day here, its raining now!

Yesterday hubby & I got more sawdust mulch on the blue berries.
Darn weeds are poking through the previous mulch!

Hubby started to mow our lawn before it rained.

Meantime I get a call from our tenant , could he mow their lawn?
So today if it doesn't rain all day, he'll be mowing again.

Frost is forecast for tonight,,,,, not only are the fruit trees in bud, so are the lilacs. :oops:

Abundant sunshine my eye! And it's cold, only 59 so far. Maybe the sun will come out later. Or not. I'm not going to play in the dirt unless and until the sun comes out.

It was another day/another dollar at work. I finished and left at 9:15. Somebody asked me why I was leaving before my shift was over. Um. Because I finished my work? Nooooooooooooooooooooo! I was told to pretend or maybe just walk around the store and greet people or something. What? IOW, milk the clock. My Self won't let me. My conscience won't, either.

Off tomorrow so tonight isn't a school night, and I get to stay up late. That is, I don't have to go to bed until it gets dark outside. Yay.

Good for you for taking advantage of a lovely day. Bet you were smiling most of the way through it!
Thank you. Yes I was smiling and singing It was a glorious day. Now I’m inside painting my bathroom baseboards clean white. It’s looking good. Today’s cloudy and cool. I scheduled the duties according to the weather forecast and lucky for me it was right. How is your day?

Last edited:
How is your day?
Thanks for asking. ❤️

We requested TGS today - love having him for a day during the week and an overnight over the weekend. He's feeling the displacement of having a new baby brother, though he doesn't know how to express it.

At our house he gets full attention all the time and relishes it. Our DD went through this when her twin brothers were born. She was almost the same age as TGS, so his occasional acting out is familiar to us. He'll adjust over time, but it's been less than 2 months so he's still working it out. Being abruptly displaced from the center of your parents' universe to the older child whose needs are less immediately addressed can be a tough nut to swallow. Especially for a 2 year old.

When he's going to be here we rarely schedule anything bigger than a grocery store run because he takes a 2 hour nap smack dab in the middle of the day.

Thanks for asking. ❤️

We requested TGS today - love having him for a day during the week and an overnight over the weekend. He's feeling the displacement of having a new baby brother, though he doesn't know how to express it.

At our house he gets full attention all the time and relishes it. Our DD went through this when her twin brothers were born. She was almost the same age as TGS, so his occasional acting out is familiar to us. He'll adjust over time, but it's been less than 2 months so he's still working it out. Being abruptly displaced from the center of your parents' universe to the older child whose needs are less immediately addressed can be a tough nut to swallow. Especially for a 2 year old.

When he's going to be here we rarely schedule anything bigger than a grocery store run because he takes a 2 hour nap smack dab in the middle of the day.
Is TGS the grandson?
It sounds like you are providing him with some stable grounding energy so he ‘can’ work things out. Good for you. He’s probably really needing this but doesn't quite know it.

When I went on my early morning walk, temp was 47 lightly raining as I walked to buy today;s NYT
This morning my friend Mary& I are going on our weekly 'road trip' ,today to the local post office. I''ll be filling out change of address form,what date I want my mail forward to me when I move next month.This is another ck off on my 'to -do list',rather do it now so I don;t forget
Marcia emailed me yesterday , asking if I could dog sit my buddy boy 'Tage' this afternoon at 1, she is a docent at Darwin Martin House is giving a tour,of course I said' Yes'. No lunch to share with him
It will be the highlight of my day
Oh MQ....best of blessings with your move and all it entails. I'm sure you'll let us know about your new place.

Quite cold here today as well ...50 deg f.. tonight is forecast to be 36... incredible...

I went out and collected parcels I had delivered to the Post office. What a Faff. The delivery company that Ikea uses, send an email, and in it is a barcode that you have to copy onto your phone and then show it at the post office.

The barcode wouldn't scan onto my phone QR scanner.. instead it just printed out the order number..so when I showed it in the Post Office they wouldn't let me have the parcel despite giving my name, and order number. They wouldn't accept any of my credit cards or my membership cards which have my Picture on.. so I had to drive home and get my driving license and go back before they'd let me have the parcel. I'll not use the Post office as a delivery choice in future for Ikea....

Is TGS the grandson?
It sounds like you are providing him with some stable grounding energy so he ‘can’ work things out. Good for you. He’s probably really needing this but doesn't quite know it.
TGS = toddler grandson. He's not yet 2-1/2.

And yes, we like to believe that our time with him will help soften the blow of being displaced.

Later on I had a long phone chat with a family member, and put the world to rights about the projected housing situation here...

I also spoke to my lawyer today.. she think that my husband's lawyers should have been in touch with me sooner than this about exchanging contracts.. and that my husband maybe stalling now... so we've come up with a plan which I'll implement tomorrow...

Back