How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

@moviequeen1, I’m thrilled for you. I’m sure you‘re getting really excited. Hope you can get your computer setup quickly so you can tell us about your new home. Will you be close to the store where you usually go to buy the newspaper?
HI Jules I'll be going to our local co op store to buy NYT and local paper,its a block away from my new apt. Sue

Went to a 95th birthday celebration yesterday for a sweetheart of a friend. Long widowed, she continues to lives alone in her little house, not far from her two daughters who are in their early 70s. A housekeeper comes a time or two a week and her daughters often drop off meals for her and also arrange grocery delivery. For many years she's played bridge weekly with a group of ladies who are all in their 80s & 90s. Her mind and charming wit remain plenty sharp.

All in all, hers is a very good example of how one who is relatively healthy and fairly ambulatory (she uses a walker sometimes) can live mostly independently in one's upper years.

On our way home we picked up TGS and brought him here to spend the night. As I type this I'm watching him via the baby monitor - such a marvelous invention!

Oh shame on me!!!! I made sausage gravy and biscuit today
and for got to send the invitations !!!!! so sorry......:cry:
whaaaaat?... after all we do for you ?.... that's done now...
70c523762fe73b48cfa62e04c683d486.jpg

@hawkdon Sure. "Forgot." That's one of the things I don't like about getting old. It's easy to "forget" me;). I'm hungry.

I'm home. Didn't sleep well last night and am feeling it this morning.

A man came in wanting 75 mini croissants. I'd just baked and put out seven boxes of a dozen each box. Had to bake more so there would be some on the shelf. Finished all my work and some left over by Sir from yesterday. Then I said "buh bye." Yanno, it's occurred to me that I'm almost always done by 9. The job gets done in five hours even when there's something extra to do like finish up from yesterday and bake extra croissants. I like five hours better than six (except on payday).

Tomorrow is a day off.

DD took me to the garden center to get more garden soil, and while we were there, I checked out the price of the Chinese fringe flower shrub. Um. The 5-gallon pots were $22, but DD spotted some in smaller 1-gallon pots for $12. I was going to buy two until DGD stepped in and insisted on paying for them. I'm not proud; I take charity! Now I have to wait until the peony that needs to be moved has finished flowering. Waiting is not my long suit.

In the meantime, that area has to be weeded and the garden soil spread. It's gonna get done today before the sun moves over and hits that part (it's gonna be 80 today). Off to change my duds and get my Self in weeding mode.

Achievement yesterday: I started cleaning the oven. Word to the wise: 409 Oven Cleaner does not work well. Don't buy it. I think I got it at the 99 Cent Store - what did I expect, right?

But what worked well was Barkeeper's Friend as a followup with a scrubber sponge.
Barkeepers works good on a lot of things. It really worked well on my oven door too.

I have been at the hospital this week with my mom and she is moving to rehab today. Yippee! One step closer to going home. Tomorrow I will find out how to get there and bring the suitcase of clothing, etc. My daughter and SIL came to lend a hand the past few days...such good kids.💗

I have been at the hospital this week with my mom and she is moving to rehab today. Yippee! One step closer to going home. Tomorrow I will find out how to get there and bring the suitcase of clothing, etc. My daughter and SIL came to lend a hand the past few days...such good kids.💗
Be careful of the clothing and other possessions you bring to rehab hospitals. Labeled, unlabeled, statements that you'll launder her clothing, and all other instructions are often disregarded. I found my mother in clothing she didn't own, and saw people down the hall in her clothes. Same with my in-laws.

It's not intentional on the staff's part. Too few employees with far too much to do. Even in better rated SNF and rehabs.

So glad your mother is improving. 😍

So after the tire problem was resolved the hospital called me to inform me a friend was in the emergency room. That was the day before yesterday and the next day, I picked him up and took him home. This morning his heart was racing out of control again so I gave up my day of rest to visit with him until his heart slowed down. I think the heart problem is anxiety made worse by having to put his dog down last week. He does not want to be home alone without his companion.

Tomorrow I take my car in to get the alinement checked but the smoke or stream that keeps coming from under the hood may be more important. Sometimes I am reminded of O J Simpson's line of Noah talking to God and God saying to Noah, "How long can you tread water?" 😂

If it weren't for a sense of humor life could be a lot harder.

just put earplugs in so you don't hear the dog, and if the woman talks to you, tell her you're late for an appointment and just rush by .. and park your car in the car park, and see if the same vandalism happens.. if not you'll have a good idea whose doing it...
I live in a low-income neighborhood with a large population of druggies and homeless people. Surprises come with the territory. A good sense of humor is essential.

I wouldn't find vandalism to my car , funny.. in the least !
Fortunately, I have the extra money to resolve minor problems. In the past, I never had the extra money and life was a serious struggle. Compared to that, and what I see around me, I am thankful my life is so good and I can see the humor in assuming I will get into my car and go to the gym, when someone made that quite impossible. But the more it happens, the less funny it is. 🤷‍♀️

Get some cameras for your car. You shouldn’t have to put up with vandalism
I have thought of that but I am not sure how to make that work. We have not had campers parked on our street for a while. I think the word has gotten out that this is not a friendly neighborhood. The gal two apartments down is a vet with PTS and she goes ballistic when a camper is parked in front of her apartment. Several neighbors complain about the drug dealing and if I could figure out the best way to videotape such activity I would.

I am not against homeless folk but I don't want druggies around. Hey, there are better things to think about, such as what a difference education could make. I figure until the bad things are bad enough, we won't pay attention to how we could manifest a better reality. When I think of what we could do, I feel so much love. I just wish I could spread this hope and love better.

I just remembered to share this:
Our senior center had a Shred it Day.
I had a box of documents from work I needed to dispose of so I brought them.
It was a well run event. Cars lined up, then they took your box or bag and emptied it into a waste container. Someone else brought it to the two trucks in the parking lot and they shredded it.
I hope it is an annual or sooner event. I have a lot of old documents that need to go.
We have a shredder but not for large loads.

Back