How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

We bought new twin beds and mattresses last fall. (Hubs was having sleep problems and punching me while he slept ... at least that's his story hah.) The memory foam remembers a little too well and I have a sunken middle already. Pretty comfy though.

Today's my big day of the month, book club followed by lunch out.

My trip to Walmart on the bus yesterday was pretty successful. It is easier than having someone drive me in their vehicle. Just walk onto the ramp and it raises you into the bus. No need to fold it up and lift it into a backseat or trunk of a vehicle. On the return trip I have my bags of groceries on the seat of the walker where I put it when I checked out of the store. Then just walk it onto the ramp and it lowers you to the ground. We left here at 10:30 AM and was back home by 12:30 PM.

Nice day... slightly overcast but the sky is mainly blue and the sun is doing it's best to shine... ☀️... 50 F....yet it's forecast for showers this afternoon

Today I'm waiting in for 2 deliveries...

One is a grocery delivery, which I ordered in the early hours of this morning... just a few top up basics, bananas, bread, milk, eggs and some quality sausages... nothing else..

The other is an Amazon delivery...

Last edited:
Going down to the city today. Mrs. L says she wants to go to Marks and Sparks to look for some new clothes. The city has lost most of its large department stores - BHS, C and A, John Lewis, Debenhams etc... all gone. I've bought a few items of casual ware from ASDA and Sainsbugs, but they lurk in out of town centres.

Hopefully we'll survive the journey in the Stagecoach bus. Although the busses are new, they're not very comfortable and rattle the whole way there and back. At least they're free and run every 30 mins.
Same here..most of our department stores have gone... BHS...Debenhams ..(C&A went 30 years ago)..... Frazers..Mothercare... Bon Marche.. Dixons.. Dickens & jones... DH Evans... .. and loads more...

We still have John lewis locally.. but other than that the towns are made up from Coffee shops, supermarkets, nail salons, and cheap shops like the pounds shop etc..

For me to gte any kind of department store I have to drive to Lakeside... or go into the city...

morning,cold out this morn,out this morning to look at another property,just looking lol,,,,,,,,,had a bad night acid reflux,grrrrr
ah,suns just gone in,and spotting of rain
whey are you looking for a new property.. you haven't been in your lovely home long.. don't you like it ?... hope you feel better today 🤗

always hated grocery shopping. wife did most of it.worked at Walmart part time as a greeter after I retired. liked it at first then hated it.after a year I could not take all the abuse from people. you need a thick skin to have that job. I get delivery most of the time.
I always loved grocery shopping. It wasn't until I had the problems with walking that I didn't like it so much. Once they installed the self check-outs I liked it again. Standing in line for longer than a couple of minutes is torture and sometimes I have the groceries on the seat of my walker so can't sit down to wait. Not having lines in the self check-out makes it easier.

Mrs. L's shopping spree was a non-event. She wanted long sleeved pyjamas, but everywhere only had short sleeved ones. Apparently it was summer wear - in spite of it being cold, wet and windy outside. There was some sort of minor protest outside Barclay's bank. It seems that they were somehow responsible for the situation in Gaza. With the next heavy rain shower, the protest came to an abrupt end.

Just finished all my laundry and I was backed up on it. Had the laundry room to myself so I was playing music and reading while waiting for it. Now I am going to clean my bunny's cage and then have some pumpkin caramel ice cream that I made with Keto Chow (meal replacement shake). Constant snow all day so not walking out to the dumpster today.

I'm home...obviously. Toted 10 more sacks of mulch to the garden and then had to rest. Those 2 cu ft sacks are heavy! Off tomorrow so I'll spread it, or at least some of it, then.

It's warmish and windy. The wind blew my patio umbrella over:mad:. Righting it was a job, lemme tell ya! I closed it and tied it down. The wind is blowing pollen around, really blowing so that it looks like it's not sunny but hazy. Nope. Not haze at all. It's pollen! Everdamnthang is covered with the yellow/green stuff. Ugly.

I'm not fond of grocery shopping, either. I'd rather go to the dentist than shop for groceries! Most of the time I like self-checkout just fine until there's a glitch and have to wait on someone to come fix it before proceeding.

Remember I said I wouldn't work any more Mondays? Yeah. Well. Tomorrow Monday is inventory, and I got sweet-talked into working but only after I said I'd do it if I could have Sunday off. I can already tell you that t's not gonna work for me. Believe it when you hear or read that old folks need routine. We do. I feel like today is Sunday and don't like the feeling at all because tomorrow is going to feel like Monday. Come Monday, it'll feel like Tuesday. Sigh.

I don't know what the big problem is with NL working by herself on Inventory Monday. I did it for months, and nobody turned a hair.

Just finished all my laundry and I was backed up on it. Had the laundry room to myself so I was playing music and reading while waiting for it. Now I am going to clean my bunny's cage and then have some pumpkin caramel ice cream that I made with Keto Chow (meal replacement shake). Constant snow all day so not walking out to the dumpster today.
OH My, I keep reading so many people have snow.. we had no snow at all this winter, and today like most of this week has been gloriously sunny after a little bit of an overcast start...
flowers-pink-blossom.jpg

Hollydolly, please send some good weather to us. We had a fairly normal winter with snow, but the bad weather has just kept on going.
The most noticeable thing has been the wind. This has been the windiest winter I have known here.
Oh if I could send it to you..I would..., I hate the wind more than any other weather...

What are your favorite T-Shirts? Are you still wearing them?

The first one is my favorite that I received while on a retreat in the mountains. Regrettably, the Dutch Reformed Crystal Cathedral
went bankrupt and is now the Catholic Christ Cathedral in Garden Grove, Southern California. And we have relatives in Vancouver.

The center T-Shirt is tongue-in-cheek: all symbols are luxury cars brands. La Jolla is one of the most exclusive towns in California. And I
love animal T-Shirts and sweaters; I never can get enough of them. I am still wearing them all the time, even right now while I am
posting this message.

IMGP2903.JPGIMGP2899.JPGIMGP2891.JPGIMGP2898.JPGIMGP2895.JPG

Last edited:
Happiness is drinking a cup of coffee while my pups are snuggling on to me. The moment I sit down, they are all over me. I love it
and could spend the rest of my life like this.

At 88, I wouldn't be able to handle the pack if the pups weren't so totally loyal and obedient. Well, I have had over a dozen dogs in
my life and know how to keep them in line. I also earned their devotion by, for example, going walking and hiking with them two
hours a day, as well as having them sleeping next to and under my bed.

The pups are my 24/7 companions while my almost twenty years younger wife has a very demanding job that leaves no time for
me during the week. And my children are at an age where most people have their grand children, etc. My younger family keeps
me going and young at heart.

IMGP2906.JPG

My wife bought me the Boxer coffee cup in 2019 on the Island of Mainau, Lake Constance. It's flying a Swedish flag and not a
German one because "in 1928 the island passed to ... Victoria of Baden [Queen of Sweden.]" Lake Constance is bordered by
Austria, Switzerland, and Germany.

Mainau.jpgIMGP2908.JPG

Translated: a life without a Boxer is possible but pointless. And a map of the Mainau Island with its website: Page English

DSCN9423.JPGDSCN9401.JPG

Last edited:

Back