How long have you ever stayed at a party?

All week at a ski lodge in Quebec with university students. Sleep was optional. Of course I had my own room in a hotel, it wasn’t a free for all environment and it was when I was much younger of course. Now any amount of time is too long since I don’t like being around people. People change.

Last edited:
A regular party-about 12 hours. Our friends had an Independence Day Extravaganza one year with their neighbors on the lake. One Bar-B-Qed a pig, one had a live band on his pier, and fireworks at night. People came to the huge party by car or boat. Lots of them uninvited and eating food, drinking beverages without contributing anything. There were even T-shirts for the event.

My husband is always the first guest to arrive at a friend's party and one of the last to leave. It was fun, but exhausting. We were much younger then.

When it was over, our friends had problems collecting shared expenses from the neighbors. He said, "Never Again"!

We used to go tent and camper camping on the lake with several friends for extended 3 day weekends.
The partying started when we woke up and lasted until we fell asleep, sometimes in lawn chairs under the stars.
We rode ATV's and a dune buggy on muddy trails and in creeks.
We swam in the lake. We went boat riding and water skiing. We'd cook out over a bonfire.
That was in our 20's and 30's. I don't think we could stand it now.

In the earlier years, every year my husband and I would go on a trip to the Mountains for the weekend with neighbors of ours. My parents would watch our 2 children. Now if and when we go to a social event we stay as long as necessary and then hurry home to relax.

All night.....left 11am Sunday Morning.Way back in the eighties.
that was a regular weekend for us too.. A big group of us would go dancing every other Saturday night, and stay over at someone else's house, listening to the latest Queen or Floyd, or David Bowie Albums.. sleeping anywhere we could find a space. We;d sometimes get breakfast in the morning, but we'd be out of there by mi-day when the pubs opened for 2 hours... and then we'd all go to our respective home after that. Happy days...

I guess around 8 hours. Sometimes the talks and laughs just wouldn't end until 3 in the morning. I miss those days during this time of lockdown.

Back