How Many of Us Plan On Vacationing This Year?

I’d love to do some shopping in a big city and get some pampering. Might need to check into Birmingham, Alabama.

I like Randy Newman's take on Birmingham
Thanks for the link - I've never heard that song before.

Gotta admit, I'm partial to his "I Love LA" for obvious reasons.
Speaking of loving where you live, and to tie that in with the thread subject of vacations, I've been seeing ads asking Californians to vacation within our state to help support suffering local businesses. Strikes me as a good concept that applies well everywhere.

We have a small travel trailer which is self-contained. We plan on going out a few times. Mostly alone but will go with some vaccinated friends too. We only have trips planned in Virginia and close states this year.

We have a small travel trailer which is self-contained. We plan on going out a few times. Mostly alone but will go with some vaccinated friends too. We only have trips planned in Virginia and close states this year.
We have a 32' 5th wheel. Like you, we're planning a few trips with it over the next few months. Bringing one's home-away-from-home seems a good way to baby-step back into the travel world.

There are several RVers and campers on the SF threads. We're probably all looking at the same strategy.

There are several RVers and campers on the SF threads. We're probably all looking at the same strategy.
Yes & no. Right now we’re not allowed to travel outside one of three provincial zones. Even within this, the sites are already totally booked. So many campgrounds have closed to build condos, there’s more money it that. Last year we went a few times. Our camper is tiny and we prefer to shower in the washrooms. Last year it didn’t feel safe.

Next year there will probably be a glut of RVs available at bargain prices.

Yes & no. Right now we’re not allowed to travel outside one of three provincial zones. Even within this, the sites are already totally booked. So many campgrounds have closed to build condos, there’s more money it that. Last year we went a few times. Our camper is tiny and we prefer to shower in the washrooms. Last year it didn’t feel safe.

Next year there will probably be a glut of RVs available at bargain prices.
Beach sites are booked up here. We normally make summer reservations in February, but this year it didn't seem prudent because California was experiencing a huge virus spike.

He who hesitates is lost (or stuck at home), I guess.

Back