How many vitamins and supplements do you take?

Every time I read or hear of some supplement that is imperative to take, I add it to the list. Once I’ve forgotten why I’m taking it, it drops off the list.

A multivitamin- chewable now. Cutting the hard ones in half, I still felt them as I swallowed.
2000-3000 Omega 3 from fish oil. My RS says this is the only supplement that helps.
Vitamin D - not enough sun in the winter & too much SPF in the summer
Vitamin C
Zinc
Magnesium
Probiotics - random

Multivitamin, D3, two fiber caps and biotin most days. I don't think the Biotin does anything for my nails as I used to believe, so I'll be eliminating that.

I often take nutritional yeast, chia seeds and glycine.
I took glycine for about a year after I had spinal surgery, to get strength back in my legs and my back and loosen to up my joints.

I'm gonna start taking it again. It's good stuff. It's kind of energizing. Well, for me it was.

I used to take a multi-vitamin but it was so big that it would get stuck in my throat, so no more. I have little faith in them to begin with anyway.

I regularly take potassium, biotin, zinc and lutein. I make sure not to miss a day taking the potassium or I risk getting cramps in my feet.
Diva, I've been getting cramps for some years now, usually in legs and feet, either early in the morning before getting out of bed, or while driving (clutch). Yesterday it was when I was outside squatting, bending, etc. doing yard work.

I have magnesium oil which works great in relieving them quickly, but I'd like to avoid them all together. Can I ask what dose of the potassium you're taking? I'm almost done with a bottle of Nature's Way Potassium (citrate), 99mg. I generally take high doses in my supplements, but I'm just starting to use this, and I haven't seen any improvement.

Diva, I've been getting cramps for some years now, usually in legs and feet, either early in the morning before getting out of bed, or while driving (clutch). Yesterday it was when I was outside squatting, bending, etc. doing yard work.

I have magnesium oil which works great in relieving them quickly, but I'd like to avoid them all together. Can I ask what dose of the potassium you're taking? I'm almost done with a bottle of Nature's Way Potassium (citrate), 99mg. I generally take high doses in my supplements, but I'm just starting to use this, and I haven't seen any improvement.
I was taking Natures Bounty potassium glutamate 99mg for years but I ran out of those a couple of days ago. I noticed almost right away that they almost eliminated the cramping. When I do get the occasional cramp, it's less severe and goes away fairly quickly. Heat always works for me...even a warm hand. I usually get the Natures Bounty brand from Amazon but I was ordering some toiletries from Lucky Vitamin so I decided to order the potassium through them to help reach the $49 criteria for free shipping. The only comparable product they had was Now potassium citrate veg caps, also 99mg. I've used other Now supplements so I trust that brand, however I just started taking the Now caps two days ago. According to the reviews I read, that brand did stop the reviewers' cramps. When I asked my pharmacist about the difference between citrate and glutamate, she said the citrate helps stave off kidney stones.

I take a "men's over 50" vitamin pill, in case I don't eat right. I also take a daily Lutein pill (6mg) and a fish oil capsule...per my eye doctor...to help stave off Macular Degeneration, which my old Dad had in his later years. In recent years, I've added a couple of Glucosamine/Chondroitin pills, also, to help compensate for some hip/knee arthritis.

So far, the eyes are holding up, and the arthritis is manageable. A few cents a day for these supplements is far better than surgery, or prescription drugs....IMO.

I was taking Natures Bounty potassium glutamate 99mg for years but I ran out of those a couple of days ago. I noticed almost right away that they almost eliminated the cramping. When I do get the occasional cramp, it's less severe and goes away fairly quickly. Heat always works for me...even a warm hand. I usually get the Natures Bounty brand from Amazon but I was ordering some toiletries from Lucky Vitamin so I decided to order the potassium through them to help reach the $49 criteria for free shipping. The only comparable product they had was Now potassium citrate veg caps, also 99mg. I've used other Now supplements so I trust that brand, however I just started taking the Now caps two days ago. According to the reviews I read, that brand did stop the reviewers' cramps. When I asked my pharmacist about the difference between citrate and glutamate, she said the citrate helps stave off kidney stones.
Thanks for your detailed reply Diva. :)

I take vit d3 10,000 iu a day from,country life made from sheeps wool in the US. Supposedly its the best d3. Maybe so because I have not had an asthma attack or fibromyalgia episode after about 4 weeks of taking this brand and type everyday. I dont need an inhaler and heat and cold doesnt bother me anymore. Its been since Feburary 2020 when I started the country life d3. I was wearing a face mask in the winter way before covid hit. Id get some real weird looks too. Anyway, I take glucosamine in powder form, hyluronic acid powder, MSM powder, allergy medicine, iodide/iodine -brand name iodoral, good stuff., NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) amino acid. I just started Tyrosine today. I do take b12 but im out.

I discovered Amino acids and have been studying about each role. Very interesting too.

None. My recent bloodwork was good and I don't need to take anything. Besides, I have a sensitive stomach and most supplements don't agree with me. Glad I'm not lacking anything in my system :)

The adult multivitamins were too big for me to swallow. Had one bottle of Kirkland chewables that I really liked. They quit making them. Bought Nature’s Bounty chewables. They’re a little jelly bear. It would be really easy for me to eat 20 instead of just the two recommended.

I don't take a wild guess as to what I need, as (a) our food doesn't necessarily have the same amount of nutrients as it did in the past, and (b) without balancing the vitamins/minerals, some can throw others into the negative range. While the following is what I would have taken anyway, per our doctor, I take:

1 B-complex
1 multi-mineral
A&D
vitamin E
vitamin C

to which I add Biotin (great for hair and nails)
"Two landmark studies published in the New England Journal of Medicine [1][2] followed a total of 125,000 men and women health care professionals for a total of 839,000 person study-years. It was found that those who supplement with at least 100 IU of vitamin E daily reduced their risk of heart disease by 59 to 66%. The studies were adjusted for life-style differences (smoking, physical activity, dietary fiber intake, aspirin use) in order to determine the heart effect of vitamin E supplementation alone.

Because a diet high in foods containing vitamin E as compared to the average diet further showed only a slight heart-protective effect, the authors emphasized the necessity of vitamin E supplementation.

Researchers at Cambridge University [3] in England

reported that patients who had been diagnosed with coronary arteriosclerosis

could lower their risk of having a heart attack by 77% by supplementing with 400 IU to 800 IU per day of the natural (d-alpha tocopherol) form of vitamin E."

With my medical condition…kidney disease and transplant recipient, I get frequent blood work. I’m not allowed to take ANY vitamin or supplements without my Dr’s approval. I recently asked if I should take a daily multi vitamin. The answer was only if you want, but you don’t need it. They can tell my nutrition thru my labs. Be careful what your taking without asking your Doctors approval.

With my medical condition…kidney disease and transplant recipient, I get frequent blood work. I’m not allowed to take ANY vitamin or supplements without my Dr’s approval. I recently asked if I should take a daily multi vitamin. The answer was only if you want, but you don’t need it. They can tell my nutrition thru my labs. Be careful what your taking without asking your Doctors approval.
That's the politically correct way, and often not as helpful as it could be.
For the most recent example, of thousands ,
Recently China, of all places, had ongoing continual and repeated success with vitaminC that is still resisted in the usa by ama licensed drs.

"In spite of the overwhelming evidence of the efficacy of an intravenous vitamin C protocol against coronavirus, the FDA, the CDC, and many respected members of the medical community inexplicably jeopardize their own credibility, apparently, to save the irrelevant business model of the pharmaceutical industry."
https://www.townsendletter.com/article/online-vitamin-c-coronavirus-humble-cure/

• Centrum multi-vitamin for Men over 50
  • Turmeric (antioxidant and anti-inflammation)
  • Blood Pressure Support (made up of various herbs and vitamins)
  • Fish Oil (for heart)
  • Red Yeast Rice (for cholesterol) recommended by my doctor
  • Collagen Peptides (for joints, skin and hair)
  • Vitamin K3 and D2 (for calcium replacement
I also drink 4 ounces of Beet Root Juice every day to boost stamina, improve blood flow and improve blood pressure. It gives me energy for a good workout at the gym. Sometimes I drink Boost for Men for the protein.

The only prescription medication I take is an anti-depressant that I've been taking for 17 years.

I've never felt better, and my blood pressure has gone from 160/99 to 140/80. Yes, these supplements are expensive but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Back