How Much Should I Charge for Pet Carriers

"Value" is such a will-of-the-wisp concept.

"Value" is what someone is willing to pay for the item or service, not what someone is selling it for.

You have an item, let's say a can of Campbell's Tomato Soup. It sells for $.87 at Walmart, $.99 at Target, and $1.11 at Publix. It's the same product, no matter where you buy it. It hasn't been hand-picked by Italian virgins and tromped by feet that have never known shoes if you buy it from Whole Foods (not that Whole Foods would carry Campbell's Tomato Soup.....but you get the picture...)

How much are you willing to pay for that soup? What is its value to you? $.87? $.99? $1.11? That, folks, is the value of a can of Campbell's Tomato Soup.....what you're willing to pay to get that can in what store you choose.

So, Deb, the value of those animal crates is what someone is willing to pay you for them AND willing to come get them from you. You have the choice of accepting that transaction or you have the choice of keeping them for another 20 years. All the moaning and groaning about how unfair it is that the customer doesn't see the same value that you do isn't going to change anything.

I'd donate them. It'd be worth more than $15 to me to do a good turn, not to mention that I'd have purged a little clutter and not had to hassle with trying to sell them.

Speaking of animal shelters - they're grateful recipients of used blankets and towels.

Back