How's This For Nostalgia?

WOW! Those prices! Still, although they were no doubt bargains, some of the things would have been beyond the spending money of a lot of people at the time. We have so much now, so many goods all around us [and certainly here in England at eye watering prices] especially for houses.Glad I don't have to buy those corsets though.:D

Yes indeed, my gym suit was puke green too, and I was a chubby kid, and they never had one that quite fit me. Used to try to make excuses to get out of gym class.

We used these. Old fruitcake tins. Perfect fit for 45 rpms.

il_340x270.640769752_qgzd.jpg

My first camera ...

Brownie.JPG

First record player (note the autochange) ...

Dansette.JPG

First recording device ...

Grundig.JPG

First family vehicle ...

AJS.JPG

First family car ...

Ford Anglia.JPG

You got your windshield cleaned, oil checked, and gas pumped,
without asking,
all for free, every time?
And you didn't pay for air? And, you got trading stamps to boot?
View attachment 14159

Hate having to put air in my tires - but I have never paid for air. How much do you pay, and does someone do it for you?
I wish I could pay someone because I am never sure I have done it correctly, although it is better now that the machines beep to let you know when to stop...Also not so keen on bending down s I get older lol..

Hate having to put air in my tires - but I have never paid for air. How much do you pay, and does someone do it for you?
I wish I could pay someone because I am never sure I have done it correctly, although it is better now that the machines beep to let you know when to stop...Also not so keen on bending down s I get older lol..

Most gas stations have a 25 cent meter for air!! 00000060.gif

Back