I’m Aunt Mavis

Hey AuntMavis, welcome glad you joined us,the more the merrier
As you learn your way around the site, you''ll meet members from around the world which SF a cool place to hang out every day
Enjoy yourself,look forward to your future posts
Sue in Buffalo,NY

@Aunt Mavis, late hello from me.

full

Hello, @Aunt Mavis

This letter of welcome long overdue arrives with heartfelt sincerity and certain curiosity.

Since your arrival in the forum, with a most unusual, yet captivating username, “Aunt Mavis”; I’ve found it rather entertaining observing the fuss and flow of conversation created by your presence.

Had you claimed being female versus male, more than likely, “not a single creature would stir, not even a mouse.”

Every so often, I imagine I see a glint, a grin, of perverse delight shining between your rose lips and pearly white teeth; yet, I’m not so sure because my mind falls back into a fairy tale spin;

“But Grandmother! What big teeth you have,” said Little Red Riding Hood, her voice quivering slightly. “The better to eat you with, my dear,” roared the wolf, and he leapt out of the bed and began to chase the little girl.”

Haha!… and then the word, “misnomer” comes to mind:

“A misnomer is a name that is incorrectly applied to something; Misnomer is often confused with other kinds of mistakes, such as misconceptions, faulty statements, or incorrect perceptions.”

And, I’m reminded of a saying by “Spock”:

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth, logical?”

“Aunt Mavis,” unscrambled, is an anagram for “Tsunami,”… “The term tidal wave is used for such a wave, but it is a [MISNOMER], for the wave has no connection with the tides.” Just as “Aunt” has no connection with you being male.

Whenever you post, it’s with such precision; artful as a misnomer riddle;

[You are the pineapple]

“I’m made of two parts, you see Where the first part is a tree Whose trunk can be used for furniture; Its leaves may be used to brew tea

The other is from another tree Whose growth is not fast-paced Together, I relate not to a tree— A misnomer, yet I too have a taste”

Sound familiar?

Back