I’ve finished the binders for my two grandkids, said my goodbyes, I can now go on to Glory.

My dad passed at 58, We were best friends, golfing buddies. They were in Florida that dark cold January day in 1991 in Ohio when my mom called at 8am to tell me he was gone. Heart attack. We (wife and kids) were coming down the following month for a 2 week stay as usual in February. Mom said he couldn’t wait for me to get down to Florida and play golf with me with me. It was all he talked about. Never got to say goodbye or how much we loved each other.

So, I am just completely, totally, madly in love with our only two grandkids. They live in the court behind us in a neat little golf course community. So I put together a binder for each of them. Telling them how much I love them. All the funny, silly things they have said and done with advice I’ve gained over the years in hopes it will help them avoid mistakes In their lives and about our faith. I wanted them to have the Goodbye that I missed even though I know how much my dad loved me. I guess I just wanted it in writing for them. We spend a lot of time together...nearly every day. I love every second of it. I honestly do. It’s amazing that they both say that I am their best friend. They are 6 and 4. They would prefer to hang out with their Paw Paw over most anyone else.

Anyway, I finished my binders tonight.

I finished binders for my two kids, full of instructions on my will, how they will be set for life. How much they mean to me....etc.

So......I guess I’m ready to go........

For a drive? To the fridge for a glass of milk? I somehow envision you standing at the curb waiting for God like a taxi. :)

I'm sure your grandkids will enjoy the binders. My family never did things like that for us.

Good work FTP. I am working on a similar project. I have been taking photographic inventory of the many and varied possessions of monetary or sentimental value that have graced our home for decades and I intend to document their provenance and history. All of our grandchildren are now adults and I'm pretty sure they all know that they are loved, just as I know that they love me.

When I am gone, or even before, they can all receive items to remember me (and hubby) and the generations before us.

I am also attempting to write a novel based on a diary written by an ancestor while sailing to New South Wales in 1863 on a fully rigged three masted ship. I would like to get it finished so that everyone can have something else to remember me by.

My dad passed at 58, We were best friends, golfing buddies. They were in Florida that dark cold January day in 1991 in Ohio when my mom called at 8am to tell me he was gone. Heart attack. We (wife and kids) were coming down the following month for a 2 week stay as usual in February. Mom said he couldn’t wait for me to get down to Florida and play golf with me with me. It was all he talked about. Never got to say goodbye or how much we loved each other.

So, I am just completely, totally, madly in love with our only two grandkids. They live in the court behind us in a neat little golf course community. So I put together a binder for each of them. Telling them how much I love them. All the funny, silly things they have said and done with advice I’ve gained over the years in hopes it will help them avoid mistakes In their lives and about our faith. I wanted them to have the Goodbye that I missed even though I know how much my dad loved me. I guess I just wanted it in writing for them. We spend a lot of time together...nearly every day. I love every second of it. I honestly do. It’s amazing that they both say that I am their best friend. They are 6 and 4. They would prefer to hang out with their Paw Paw over most anyone else.

Anyway, I finished my binders tonight.

I finished binders for my two kids, full of instructions on my will, how they will be set for life. How much they mean to me....etc.

So......I guess I’m ready to go........
The binders are the very best legacy you can leave for your children and grandchildren - and everyone can afford to do this! It is an invaluable gift. PS - Please, there is no rush for you to leave!

" that dark cold January day in 1991 in Ohio when my mom called at 8am to tell me he was gone. Heart attack.

I sure can relate to this. Lost my mom to a heart attack in January 1991 as well. My call came at 10am.From the police. She was having chest pains and had called in to work,saying she would be in after she could get in to her doctor at 9. Her friend at work called 911,but by the time they got there,it was too late.

In 7 months,I will be the same age as she was when she passed. I`m healthier,in some ways,than she was-but not as healthy in others. Makes you stop and think.....

I sure can relate to this. Lost my mom to a heart attack in January 1991 as well. My call came at 10am.From the police. She was having chest pains and had called in to work,saying she would be in after she could get in to her doctor at 9. Her friend at work called 911,but by the time they got there,it was too late.

In 7 months,I will be the same age as she was when she passed. I`m healthier,in some ways,than she was-but not as healthy in others. Makes you stop and think.....
I'm 11 years older than my father was when he died.
I'm 13 years older than my older brother was when he died.
I'm 6 years older than one of my younger brothers was when he died.
I've got 15 more years before catching up to my mother's age when she died.

Cancer took the men.
Dementia complications (actual an addled-state injury) took my mother.

"Stop and think" is an understatement.
Here's to many more years for the both of us! 🍻

My mother is 95 and called me the other day to tell me to stay away from the virus as if it was a stray dog that I could avoid. I hope I don’t live that long. I did a book for my kids and gave it to them when they turned 18.

The will is done. My burial paid for so no burden on them. As I have nothing, they get nothing. I am ready to go though, the sooner the better.

I'm sorry, but just because you put together an album, that does not mean you are "done". What you need to do is put meat on those pictures, you have to add memories to the pages. And you can't do that, when you're waiting to die. Yes, death is inevitable, that is why life is so precious. Only a life lived gives memories. Albums are good gestures, but memories are better.

I'm sorry, but just because you put together an album, that does not mean you are "done". What you need to do is put meat on those pictures, you have to add memories to the pages. And you can't do that, when you're waiting to die. Yes, death is inevitable, that is why life is so precious. Only a life lived gives memories. Albums are good gestures, but memories are better.
Doctors have told me my digestive system will fail completely in the next couple of years also I am in heart failure and stage three kidney failure with only one kidney, diabetic, untreatable blood cancer, and Addison’s disease. Also other serious medical issues, so I am not “waiting to die“.

I am in the process of dying as are many people with serious medical issues. I am not afraid of death and look forward to being out of pain. I am DNI/DNR. There is a difference between waiting to die and living as best you can until you die. @fuzzybuddy you have made a wrong assumption.

You are clueless to what is in their binders. These binders are full of pics, sweet notes, my diaries to them on different things we did and have done pretty much weekly since they’ve been born, all the funny things they have said all the funny silly things they have done..... It’s a complete history of how wonderful our lives have been since they have been born.

so why don’t you just mind your own business.

You are clueless to what is in their binders. These binders are full of pics, sweet notes, my diaries to them on different things we did and have done pretty much weekly since they’ve been born, all the funny things they have said all the funny silly things they have done..... It’s a complete history of how wonderful our lives have been since they have been born.

so why don’t you just mind your own business.
Last year we took our granddaughter, who is in her late thirties, and our two great granddaughters, down through our state, into Nevada, and on to Disneyland. We stopped to see a few old places in our state, saw the Nevada strip. 😂 the 8 year old was so excited to see a palm tree. In California we stopped at a ghost town.

There is a big bucket in the Calico ghost town and we took a picture of our children, when they were young in it. Then we took a picture of our children and my brothers children in it. Then we took a picture of our granddaughter and great granddaughters in it. Priceless traditions!

None of them had been to California. Disneyland for four days, then the ocean, then Nevada, then home. I upload the pictures to Costco and made an album of our trip. Printed a copy for each of them, my brother and his family, and one for their 95 year old great great grandmother who we planned to see this year.

That trip is off, of course, but she has the album and shares those memories. You are right, fuzzy buddy does not understand.

Back