I am a new guy here. Just a little info about me

Born and raised in Idaho. Joined the Army at 18 and became a Small Arms Repairman, (45B20) How did I wind up as a Helicopter weapons systems repairman (UH1C gun ships) in viet Nam is beyond me. (117 Avn Co.)

Left the army when my time was up. Went to college and on freshman registration went over to the ROTC table to give the Officers a ration of Shit. Found out they (Officers) had more tricks up their sleeves. (Free money) I was on the GI bill but when the ROTC Scolarship came through it was full books room, meals, tuition and $50.00 A MONTH!! Couldn't pass that up. Then I found the hook in the bait. 4 more years. Spent my time in Europe as a Military Intelligence officer, Yippy skippy woopte do. Well that is it except for 14 years army reserve.

There was apparently a lot of shifting MOSs in the 60s. Also seem to recall the promise that if you and a buddy signed-up for the 3-year gig, the pair of you would stay together for the duration. o_O

I was headed for Sam Houston for training as a medic when they changed plans and it was welcome to Ft. Campbell with the 101st as a grunt rifleman (11B10). When released to the National Guard, they stuck me in the heavy mortar platoon (4.2") for the duration. Go figure.

Back