I am always wrong its what I do

I can't believe my son called me today. Honestly I was shocked. I was even more shocked when he apologized for the way he has been acting towards me. He said his girlfriend was really hurt over my relationship with his exwife. He said he finally exploded with her last night. He told her if she was rude to me anymore he was done with her. He said he was so very sorry he made it last so long before he finally confronted her and threatened to leave her. He said nothing like what has been going on will never happen again. He told me how much he loved me what a wonderful Mother I have always been and really likes the fact that I am doing what I am doing to be close to his 2 sons. This call today meant the world to me.

Like I wrote in post 47, a son will not allow a girlfriend to come between him and his mom. It just does not happen, except maybe on a rare occasion
. I've seen this happen over and over.

Like I wrote in post 47, a son will not allow a girlfriend to come between him and his mom. It just does not happen, except maybe on a rare occasion
. I've seen this happen over and over.

That's what disturbed me the most. That he would let anyone come between the family. He made me feel so much better after his call. Today he became the son I always knew.

I'm glad your son came to his senses and read his GF the riot act. I know I'm late responding to the original question but I don't think you should have to feel obligated to forsake your ex-DIL or guilty about your relationship with her. I agree that his GF is spoiled, manipulating and doesn't sound like a good person at all.

Back