I am dying in this heat, is it unseasonably hot where you are?

My daughter in Spain is at 113 degrees F ( 45dge C) ... she sent me a pic this pm... there are 5 Wildfires in towns and mountains close to her , she was so hot today she got into the pool with all of her dogs....and fortunately she has a good AC system, as well as old thick stone walls which keeps it cool inside her Finca

..View attachment 116271

here in the south of England we ve had an extremely hot summer for the 3rd year running, with high humidity.. yesterday was 97 deg f... and as many of you already know we have no AC here..
OMGosh, 113-I hope she hydrates well and stays in the AC as much as possible.

We have window AC, as I said before, does not keep it really cool, but it helps

OMGosh, 113-I hope she hydrates well and stays in the AC as much as possible.

We have window AC, as I said before, does not keep it really cool, but it helps
yes she's as sensible as she can be given that her job is outside unfortunately .. so it's a concern for me, but she does stay well hydrated, and wears factor 50 all the time now, and being fair skinned she gets twice yearly skin checks

Days of 110F plus have been the norm for the past few weeks with little relief forecasted for next week. Sure it gets hot here in the summer but never seen it like this before. Hot pressure over the SW part of the US is not budging at all. We did have one storm break through last night causing a lot of havoc but it was a nice change.

This is just my second summer living in the high desert, after 35 years in high country where summers rarely get over 85 degrees. I don't remember that last summer was as relentlessly hot as this year has been. I am somewhat adjusted to the heat but I don't dare try to do any yard work after 9 a.m. or I risk fainting.

This is just my second summer living in the high desert, after 35 years in high country where summers rarely get over 85 degrees. I don't remember that last summer was as relentlessly hot as this year has been. I am somewhat adjusted to the heat but I don't dare try to do any yard work after 9 a.m. or I risk fainting.
Same here

114 deg F or 46 deg C where my daughter is in Malaga Spain.... she sent me this an hour ago...

Whats-App-Image-2020-08-22-at-10-22-12.jpg

I feel for all of you going through such extremities.
I can't really say we are going through a long lasting extreme.
In summer we do go through our heat spells, as usual......this summer we have had some heat warnings and humidity warnings.
This past week we've had 3 days of high humidity, which is hard.
I do welcome the heat, mind you it's short lived.....being our winters are tending to get longer.
We are getting longer and colder winters.
Spring is longer in coming, fall is earlier in arriving.
There has been more tornado sightings, and touchdowns......scary.
All in all, many of you are seeing a lot more extremes, than here.

Keeping my fingers crossed.....A/C is still working.....i don't have it going at night.....just the hottest part of the day.

Hope Mother Nature settles down for a lot of you.

I was 104 yesterday here & 105 today. I went for my usual brisk 30-minute walk. My upstairs living room is 97 & I don't use the air conditioner (except when I have company). Even my car said 113 after it was parked with the windows closed.
At my previous size, I complained about the heat & didn't want to move (except to the kitchen).
Now, I complain about the cold & look forward to summer. :)
Well, I always want to move to the kitchen, it’s where my husband generally is and, since he claims to be hard of hearing, I have to go there so he can here me hell at him. 🤣

We had a brief break from the heat/humidity the past few days, but starting today, it is back for at least the next week. I did a couple of quick outdoor chores this morning, then it looks like the rest of the day will be indoors. This is the time of year I really start looking forward to October.

We had a brief break from the heat/humidity the past few days, but starting today, it is back for at least the next week. I did a couple of quick outdoor chores this morning, then it looks like the rest of the day will be indoors. This is the time of year I really start looking forward to October.
Its been better than normal/average for this time of year, down here!!

It's been hot and humid all summer, but it usually is. I think this year was a record breaker, though. Not so much because it gets THAT hot (usually stops somewhere in the low 90's, but because it is so unrelenting, day after day for months.

OTOH, my daughter reports temperatures in the high 60's at her vacation home in the Adirondacks, in upstate NY. So elevation apparently plays a part in this.

We've been having unseasonably cool temperatures here lately with overcast in the morning that's stretching into the late morning or early afternoon. Usually August and the beginning of September are some of our hottest, but over the last two weeks it's been very reasonable temperature wise. Unfortunately it's been smoky a lot of the time until about last Saturday. We're still getting smoke from time to time but overall it's not as bad as it was.

Back