I am dying in this heat, is it unseasonably hot where you are?

Aneeda72

I don’t ever remember a summer this hot. It is not unusual for us to have snow in early June. Instead we had 100 plus weather, and we have the same now. Going to the garden center with a mask on in 100 degree weather, I thought I’d die i got so hot.

Some people took their masks off for extended periods of time which I thought was wrong. Then again I doubt droplets stay in 100 weather long. What do you think?

Aneeda please don't be offended when I say this but if summer hasn't stopped the virus I doubt the heat in the garden center is going to be an end all for the COVID.

100°+ is average summer temps for KS. Plus it's so humid you could almost wring out the air.

I think I would surely die with 100 degree weather! I feel for you. We don't go that high usually but we were in the upper 90s for awhile. I just stay indoors with the AC on when it gets too hot. We are in the 70s now Thank God! I finally got some sleep last night as I have no AC in my bedroom and the heat and humidity here was keeping me tossing and turning all night.

I was 104 yesterday here & 105 today. I went for my usual brisk 30-minute walk. My upstairs living room is 97 & I don't use the air conditioner (except when I have company). Even my car said 113 after it was parked with the windows closed.
At my previous size, I complained about the heat & didn't want to move (except to the kitchen).
Now, I complain about the cold & look forward to summer. :)

Sounds like a lot of us are very hot. Ours is a dry heat. I can’t be outside for long when it’s 100, I truly can not breathe. It must have something to due with my hearth failure. We have window air conditioners but not In the whole house.

@win231 i don’t know how you walk in such hot weather. It doesn’t seem to bother my husband either.

@MarciKS I thought the heat might evaporate the droplets, guess not. I think I hate this heat, and I try not to hate anything 😂.

It’s about 15c ( or 59 F ) here in South Aust today according to the thermometer in our car
it’s a nice sunny day , only about half your temperature ,however we get those sort of temps here in summer so let’s hope we don’t get a extreme summer

We've had several days, in the past month, that have broken records going back to the "Dust Bowl" days of the 1930's. Back then, there was probably little humidity, whereas now we are seeing a lot of humidity, which brings the Heat Index into dangerous levels. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that the weather is getting more extreme every year....weeks of extreme heat in the Summer, and weeks of bitter cold in January and February. I'm becoming a believer in Climate Change.

I'm sorry to hear you've having such a hot summer and hope you get a break from the heat soon. After a rather warm May and June July turned out to be a very mild one. We hit 100+ several times in May and June and hit the 90's a lot as well. We've only had about four or five days in the low 90's in July and it's almost always dropped to the 61 or below at night.

We've had several days, in the past month, that have broken records going back to the "Dust Bowl" days of the 1930's. Back then, there was probably little humidity, whereas now we are seeing a lot of humidity, which brings the Heat Index into dangerous levels. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that the weather is getting more extreme every year....weeks of extreme heat in the Summer, and weeks of bitter cold in January and February. I'm becoming a believer in Climate Change.
Me too, we hardly get any rain anymore

We’ve been trending in the high 90’s with suffocating humidity for a month or more, right up until the last few days. The temps dropped to the low-mid 80’s and the humidity also plummeted which make those temperatures feel like a wonderfully pleasant spring day! 🤩
The forecast predicts it will be that way most of next week till Friday when temp and humidity both start to climb again.

I don’t ever remember a summer this hot. It is not unusual for us to have snow in early June. Instead we had 100 plus weather, and we have the same now. Going to the garden center with a mask on in 100 degree weather, I thought I’d die i got so hot.

Some people took their masks off for extended periods of time which I thought was wrong. Then again I doubt droplets stay in 100 weather long. What do you think?
Extended heat-wave here.

Loathe the summer heat, and unlike when I was a young kid growing up, I can't tolerate the hear like I used to. Zaps me of every ounce of energy and giddy-up-go that I have.

Sounds like it is bad all over, the heat has reached Europe and they too, are roasting. We are still in the 90s in the shade and with that tropical storm on its way to FL we are beginning to feel more humidity than usual. A/C going continuously. A neighbor's A/C went out and she cannot find anyone to fix it. I loaned her one of my fans at least. Bummer.

Sounds like it is bad all over, the heat has reached Europe and they too, are roasting. We are still in the 90s in the shade and with that tropical storm on its way to FL we are beginning to feel more humidity than usual. A/C going continuously. A neighbor's A/C went out and she cannot find anyone to fix it. I loaned her one of my fans at least. Bummer.
Nice of you to lend her the fan.

My daughter in Spain is at 113 degrees F ( 45deg C) ... she sent me a pic this pm... there are 5 Wildfires in towns and mountains close to her , she was so hot today she got into the pool with all of her dogs....and fortunately she has a good AC system, as well as old thick stone walls which keeps it cool inside her Finca

..WhatsApp Image 2020-08-01 at 15.24.40.jpeg

here in the south of England we ve had an extremely hot summer for the 3rd year running, with high humidity.. yesterday was 97 deg f... and as many of you already know we have no AC here..

Last edited:

Back