I am not sure if I believe we will be reunited with our love ones when we pass on??

The Old Testament is basically a history book. The New Testament was edited by those who decided what they wanted us to believe. Organised religion is a way to keep people under control through threats and fear.
I agree to a certain extent, but worshipping with people who have a similar belief is comforting. In the Catholic Church, there are many diverse beliefs but the people are still Catholics. The hierarchy of the church may not agree, but oh well. 😂

Unfortunately, people's personalities don't change. There are those who believe that everyone turns into some sort of angel after death. Not so!
Ummm! I disagree. From my personal experience and understanding, once we die, we are no longer connected to our human brain for thought processes but to our sub(consciousness) which is connected to all and is without ego. Ego is our protective defensive thinking that’s ALL about US. Once we die, that part dies with us whereas our consciousness, which is connected to our heart, soul, spirit is eternal and lives on forever.
( just my opinion..... not a death or angel expert ) 🤭😅

Ummm! I disagree. From my personal experience and understanding, once we die, we are no longer connected to our human brain for thought processes but to our sub(consciousness) which is connected to all and is without ego. Ego is our protective defensive thinking that’s ALL about US. Once we die, that part dies with us whereas our consciousness, which is connected to our heart, soul, spirit is eternal and lives on forever.
( just my opinion..... not a death or angel expert ) 🤭😅
Our minds are much more complex than we realise. During our lives on Earth, only certain aspects of our character are dominant. We choose an existence which gives us the experiences we want. After death, we become whole again. However, each of us is different, so our basic essence stays the same.

Our minds are much more complex than we realise. During our lives on Earth, only certain aspects of our character are dominant. We choose an existence which gives us the experiences we want. After death, we become whole again. However, each of us is different, so our basic essence stays the same.
Now THAT I will agree with. The human mind is far more extraordinary than we give it credit for. 💕👍

All of you are so far advanced in your religious posts I probably shouldn't even be posting but I have so many questions. I wonder how many people decide to believe out of fear that if there is a God they want to make sure they go to heaven? Do they somehow get weeded out?
Aren't there some religions that say pets don't go to heaven?
People say God didn't create this horrible virus. Yet people say he rules the universe.
Why is it,that when someone is dying we pray for them. If they die we say God took the person and he or she is in a better place. If they don't die we say our prayers have been answered.
Sometimes it seems whatever happens God always gets a free pass.
I was raised a Christian. I was never allowed to question anything.
These days,to keep from going crazy trying to figure this all out I live by,What will be will be.
I hope know one is offended by my post. I respect everyone's views and generally stay clear of these threads.
The only glimmer of hope I have found is that several people who I loved and were near death, at the very end, seemed at peace and some said they saw their loved ones. That could have been delirium or they actually did see them. I sincerely hope so.
All are welcome to comment on any of my threads, including non-believers. I only rarely Get offended. Course this is not my thread, lol, came back and edited this. Didn’t want any confusion.

Yes, people believe out of fear. If you have a dying child do you just throw your hands up in the air, curse a God you don’t believe in, and accept the death? Or as a non - believer do you give prayer it a shot? And then blame a God you don’t believe in for the death of your baby. Some do, some don’t.

When people die, IMO, scripture is thrown out the window. The Catholic religion is not very Bible forward, IMO, they leave it up to the priest to guide. Since I was, more or less, raised southern baptist, I read the old and the New Testament.

Do they get weeded out? Who knows? I don’t. It is up to God to judge us, although all people judge each other, and doing this requires constant forgiveness and prayer. Judging is a big sin.
Well, hmm, I will have to say while I am a believer, I have questioned God’s judgement, repeatedly. And, repeatedly, asked forgiveness.

God made us human, we are his children, he will understand or not. 🤣

Last edited:
Op's thread start
I am not sure if I believe we will be reunited with our love ones when we pass on??

Provided you are on JC's approved list being reunited may take awhile. What might help those that believe this is going to happen is to look up their family ancestery over the last two centuries. Depending on whether images are like when alive or a spirit appearing as a puff of smoke ancestry pictures might be of use. All lives BC don't count. Logically those loved ones over the last two centuries that qualify will be gathered in a group.

Hope that helps relieve the doubt expressed by some.

I would like to raise another point. Jesus' teaching is all about our spiritual selves. The God he referred to was a loving, fatherly God, a spiritual being.
However, the God of the Old Testament doesn't fit this description. He was jealous, petty and dictating. Jehovah/ Yahweh sounds to me more like Zeus/Jove of the Greek panthenon, a very human person.
How many believe that the God of the Old Testament and the New are the same?

Unfortunately, people's personalities don't change. There are those who believe that everyone turns into some sort of angel after death. Not so!
I had not heard this, that everyone becomes an angel. I am sure I would be the exception, I’ve been called a lot of names in my life, angel was not one of those names. 😰

Op's thread start

Provided you are on JC's approved list being reunited may take awhile. What might help those that believe this is going to happen is to look up their family ancestery over the last two centuries. Depending on whether images are like when alive or a spirit appearing as a puff of smoke ancestry pictures might be of use. All lives BC don't count. Logically those loved ones over the last two centuries that qualify will be gathered in a group.

Hope that helps relieve the doubt expressed by some.
Well, all lives before BC might not count if you are Christian, don’t know about other religion.

I would like to raise another point. Jesus' teaching is all about our spiritual selves. The God he referred to was a loving, fatherly God, a spiritual being.
However, the God of the Old Testament doesn't fit this description. He was jealous, petty and dictating. Jehovah/ Yahweh sounds to me more like Zeus/Jove of the Greek panthenon, a very human person.
How many believe that the God of the Old Testament and the New are the same?
I do, I believe God the father in the Old Testament is the same God the father of the New Testament. The problem, IMO, is people refer to JC as GOD. I do that myself sometimes. Therefore, things become confusing.

It is true that many people use religion as a comfort,especially at difficult times. That is understandable. Many people don't want to know the truth about our existence, and prefer to stick to what their church tells them to believe.
It is often better to steer clear from subjects such as this. So far there hasn't been any ridicule but I don't doubt it will happen.
I agree, so far no ridicule. Everyone has a right to their opinion/thoughts. I was skeptical to post the topic but glad I did. Very interesting responses.

Adolf did indeed have someone who loved him very much and he that a few million people who loved him as well. He killed himself. Obviously not making it into Catholic heaven. 🤣

Clerics are usually people who have studied the Bible, and in some cases, have a college degree. But, direct knowledge, of dying and going to heaven, nope. Doesn’t matter what sects or religion they were. The only one with direct knowledge of dying and going to heaven is JC. Everyone else is just giving an opinion.

Some clerics are just con artists and in it for the money.

Actually, Vatican II (1965) recognized that suicide does not automatically condemn a person to hell. They recognized that mental derangement can be an "excuse" for that action.

As to your second point, despite the failing of clerics, the questions to them are still valid. How will God respond to those questions from those whose loved ones were condemned?

There is no evidence of angels. So why believe in something without any evidence, just because it was written about in an ancient book?

Interestingly, the angels mentioned in the Old Testament are not cute little cherubs playing the harp, or kindly guardian angels watching out for us in a motherly way. They are fierce, sometimes frightening, messengers from God. If you saw the play or movie Angels in America, you saw that kind of angel. She was terrifying, and did not inspire any warm fuzzy feelings.

For those who believe in angels, which kind do you believe in?

He's God.....The Son
So I googled, how does JC refer to God. I don’t have the education to understand this argument. The google search brought up a periodical written in 1880, called the Testimony. Two people, using scripture, debate whether JC is indeed God or God the Son.

Too complicated for my feeble brain. I’m sticking to God the father and God the son,JC.

There is no evidence of angels. So why believe in something without any evidence, just because it was written about in an ancient book?

Interestingly, the angels mentioned in the Old Testament are not cute little cherubs playing the harp, or kindly guardian angels watching out for us in a motherly way. They are fierce, sometimes frightening, messengers from God. If you saw the play or movie Angels in America, you saw that kind of angel. She was terrifying, and did not inspire any warm fuzzy feelings.

Both.

Actually, Vatican II (1965) recognized that suicide does not automatically condemn a person to hell. They recognized that mental derangement can be an "excuse" for that action.

As to your second point, despite the failing of clerics, the questions to them are still valid. How will God respond to those questions from those whose loved ones were condemned?
I different from the Church on the issue of suicide. I think the Church has made a mistaken judgement, again my opinion. I don’t think it can be assumed that a person who commits suicide necessarily rejects JC. Only JC can judge that person, only JC would have that knowledge.

I have no ideal how God would respond to any question. 😂 I’ve never gotten any direct information from him or, come to think of it, a paycheck. Oh, and I don’t believe in hell.

I believe in Angels. I believe there are Angels here on Earth guiding us along the way...that is just my thought. Some of the things that has happened in my life is definitely not coincidental.

I find it sad, indeed hopeless, to think that this life is all we're offered. If true, there is no justice. The wealthy lead extravagant lives, while the poor lead a life of pain and sadness. Is our existence nothing more than a throw of the dice?

If this is the case, which I don't believe it to be, where does love, empathy and charity come into play?

Is evil punished, rewarded or ignored?

Our knowledge of the spiritual is limited, perhaps for a good reason.
I’ve thought a lot about what you have written here, and how to respond. It is difficult as I do not know you and I must be careful not to make assumptions about you and your life. Perhaps my response is off target.

Once, my daughter said, that she didn’t realize we were poor until a certain event happened. I was amused by this statement as we often scrounged for cans at parks for money. Making it a game, a competition to see how many each of us could find. There were years we only made 3000.

I remember my happiness when 7-11 started selling milk. I had their charge card, and now I could buy milk whenever we ran out. Our lives were not painful or sad. I always felt that we had enough. All you need is enough.

Many people don’t have enough, many people have enough, and many people have more than enough but are never satisfied. Life is a never ending struggle, but it can be filled with happiness and joy no matter what your income level. It is dependent on how you choose to respond to any given situation.

We were never promised justice, we were never promised fair, we were never promised anything except life everlasting if we chose to believe. JC said the poor will always be among us, he was correct.

Back