I buy wigs and messy buns now a days. Do you?

Good for you?
I didn't like wearing my hair pulled away from my face either, but, that is the only way to cover up the balding spot on the back part of the top part of my head. So, I can pull my hair back and put it in a messy bun and put combs on each side. To my surprise, people were telling me I looked very nice with my hair up like that. Boy! Now I like to wear my hair up half the time and the other half I pull it back with a head band and that is it.

My medium brown ponytail and green hair extensions came today. Love the extensions, so much fun! I have to get some blue ones to mix and match with those. The ponytail, not so much; though I ordered medium brown it's way too light and really heavy. That I'll send back for maybe a messy bun or lighter ponytail.

The light/med. brown highlighter extentions are on order and should be here in a couple days.

I used to dye my hair green or blue when the mood struck and then I was stuck with it until I could work it out enough to dye over. Huge mess and a pain for a whim. I'm loving these extensions!

I've been wanting to do this forever and I'm having so much fun! :)

My medium brown ponytail and green hair extensions came today. Love the extensions, so much fun! I have to get some blue ones to mix and match with those. The ponytail, not so much; though I ordered medium brown it's way too light and really heavy. That I'll send back for maybe a messy bun or lighter ponytail.

The light/med. brown highlighter extentions are on order and should be here in a couple days.

I used to dye my hair green or blue when the mood struck and then I was stuck with it until I could work it out enough to dye over. Huge mess and a pain for a whim. I'm loving these extensions!

The Medusa look....
iu
:)

I am getting more adventurous also, not in colors though.

I didn't like wearing my hair pulled away from my face either, but, that is the only way to cover up the balding spot on the back part of the top part of my head. So, I can pull my hair back and put it in a messy bun and put combs on each side. To my surprise, people were telling me I looked very nice with my hair up like that. Boy! Now I like to wear my hair up half the time and the other half I pull it back with a head band and that is it.

I do a high ...naturally messy!....ponytail with a doubled long scarf knotted to the side or wide South American stripe headbands (the dreadlocks type) most days. Easy way to tame curls without heat!

(Can you see the Scottish genes @hollydolly ?)

scarf 2022.jpg

Last edited:
@AnnieA ~ Thanks for the suggestion, but in that whole website, I didn't see anything for gray hair. Back in the 60's I had a long hairpiece that matched my brown hair. I wonder if it would be expensive to match my hair. I'll have to check on that.

Since my topper is really thick at the crown, I've been researching how best to thin it and discovered lots of tutorials for cutting down a wig and making it into a topper. There are tons of gray wig selections so making your own topper is an option.

I must admit, you got the life. Nothing like having Amazon-Prime on speed dial. lol.

1-888-280-4331

I love that hat, what type is it?
I would call it a Fedora, which was very popular for decades from the 30's into the 60's. Dad wore one to go to work at his office daily. He bought his from Sammy Taft The Hatter, here in Toronto. Taft's hats were classy, and not cheap, but they lasted a long time, if the wearer took good care of them by having them steam cleaned every few months. JimB.

A few years ago because of thyroid problems I lost a lot of hair so I bought a wig. I went to Paula Young and bought one. Then I became obsessed and bought many more.
I bought extensions once when I had a hair loss issue. A hairdresser friend showed me how to attach them securely so I wore my hair in a ballerina bun with the extensions and my own hair for a long while until all the hair vitamins I started taking kicked in. It was a tough go. :p

Back