I Feel Like Dancing!!

Isn’t that amazing? What talent! I know it’s hard work but gosh it looks like it would be so fun and freeing to be able to dance like that !!!!
I agree! Gregory Hines was brave to dance with Mikhail Baryshnikov! And yet he danced just as well! Who would have the nerve to do that?!

Dean Martin's version of 'Sway,' starts of with: "When the Rumba rhythm starts to play." It was that reference to the rumba that made my wife and I think that was all you dance to Sway. However, this couple proved otherwise and inspired us to also dance tango to Sway. enjoy.

Jive dancing comes in many variations. Originally it was called The Lindy Hop, that dance grew out of The Charleston, following the Lindy Hop was a short lived, variation called, The Balboa. Then in wartime Britain, with the big bands, came The Jitterbug. In the fifties with the rise of Elvis, the genre of music lent it's name to yet another variation of jive, this time it would be known as, Rock & Roll. No matter which one you do, putting some gymnastic moves always goes down well with an audience.

New Hollywood Compilation (Aug2020) by the one who created the compilation to "Uptown Funk".
This one is to "I'm So Excited" and there are many scenes of stars dancing
that you probably haven't seen before or at least in a very long time.
I love seeing this stuff, imo we just don't have this caliber kind of dancers anymore. The best!

I do like John Travolta and his dancing tho.

Miss Moonshine buckdancing Billy in the Low Ground - Chomp and Stomp

Porch jam at Cabbagetown chili and oldtime/bluegrass music festival honoring the musical tradition of this mill town neighborhood. It really isn't moonshine in the mason jar, its peach-flavored Georgia Iced Tea.

tenor.gif

Top 10 Tap Dancing of all time...I was intrigued by the group "Tip Tap & Toe" at the 4:28 mark
Library of Congress said "Winfield slid forward, backward, and around as if he had buttered feet on a hot stove"
From an Abbot & Costello film, "Pardon My Sarong" and a song by the Inkspots. Circa 1930s and 1940s

Last edited:

Back