I fell down our porch steps yesterday.

I am so sorry about that awful fall you took, Ruth, and your poor foot, toe and ankle!:confused:
I hope you will manage to rest it a little bit, and that it will improve as quickly as possible!💌

Well thank God those screens are washed and put away!

Kidding of course, but it all sounds so much like something I would do (and I did have a bad fall a few years back so I know how awful it can be.) We have our projects we want to do, and right there at the end you were probably hurrying to finish up. Oh yes, just like me. And five hours in the waiting room would have probably been even more painful than the toe and ankle.

Best wishes for a fast recovery and much sympathy, Ruth.

Sorry to hear. Hope you heal fast. Oh and keep that broken toe straight so it heals correctly. But be aware I am not an expert. I just say that because when I broke my toe I did nothing and it healed a bit crooked.

That sounds both difficult and not good, Ruth. :(

I hope you call to let them know, and to be sure it should be feeling like that, at this point. The 11th is quite a while to wait, and okay, if that's what they'd expect, but perhaps check, to be certain?:confused:
They might possibly suggest something else, you might do in the meantime, for it, too.

That's the wrong treatment for a simple sprain. Your foot should have been completely healed by this time.
Personally I would take that rigid destructive thing off your leg, and follow the precedure as previously stated.
Each time after doing the ice water treatment and drying the foot well, wrap the ankle with a compression wrap, <--
which is much more effective and comfortable than a cast or similar rigid device. What is desirable is compression,
not force and rigidity that can further damage your tissues, which are trying to heal and should not be subjected to abuse.

wrap.jpg

Thanks to all for your concern. Its been just about 2 weeks and the swelling has gone down a bit.
The top of my foot concerns me. Very painful in areas which prevent me from tightening the boot as much as it should be, this makes it very hard to walk.
I have an appointment on the 11th,
Time will tellView attachment 191364
Thanks for the update Ruth, sorry you're having such pain on your foot, seems like a long time to wait for someone to look at it. Hang in there and try to make the best of it. 💚

That sounds both difficult and not good, Ruth. :(

I hope you call to let them know, and to be sure it should be feeling like that, at this point. The 11th is quite a while to wait, and okay, if that's what they'd expect, but perhaps check, to be certain?:confused:
They might possibly suggest something else, you might do in the meantime, for it, too.
I agree Kaila, they might be able to help now, and not have her wait until the 11th. Calling them seems to be the best advice.

Back