I have always wanted to do it......

Furryanimal

Y gath o Gymru
Whats something you have always wanted to do, but to this day still have never done it?

Travel approx 1000 km from my home state of South Aust to Victoria to see snow ⛄️ as I’ve never seen it
However it’s unlikely our borders will be open till September ( spring here in Australia ) so I won’t get to see it this winter .

Been to New Zealand. It's been a life-long dream.. Never could afford to do it and it's such a long flight it would have eaten heavily into my annual holiday allowance.. now I've retired and can afford it..I've still got an O/H who works who wouldn't want to travel that far on his holidays... ..plus now at 65 I'm not sure I could cope with a 30 hour journey and all those various airports and transfers... I'd have to go for a couple of months :D

Travel approx 1000 km from my home state of South Aust to Victoria to see snow ⛄ as I’ve never seen it
However it’s unlikely our borders will be open till September ( spring here in Australia ) so I won’t get to see it this winter .
On my first trip to Australia, I landed in Melbourne. We took The Great Ocean Road back to SA, stopping in to small towns. Imagine my surprise and delight to see snow when we stopped at Kryall Castle! I hope you get to experience the snow, Kadee.

Been to New Zealand. It's been a life-long dream.. Never could afford to do it and it's such a long flight it would have eaten heavily into my annual holiday allowance.. now I've retired and can afford it..I've still got an O/H who works who wouldn't want to travel that far on his holidays... ..plus now at 65 I'm not sure I could cope with a 30 hour journey and all those various airports and transfers... I'd have to go for a couple of months :D
I feel your pain on this. Last time we went to Europe it was a 24 hour ordeal of airports, layovers and planes. Add in a 6 hour time difference and resulting jet lag - by the time we got to our front door we felt like we'd spent 15 rounds in a ring with Mike Tyson.

Yes, we'll return to Europe (I hope), but will break up the trip by visiting friends in NY going one way and Florida the other.

As much as cruise ships are currently off my agenda, 6 years ago DH & I took a 14 day cruise from Barcelona to Galveston, TX. It was amazingly relaxing. A heavenly way to cross the Atlantic. Soooo much better than flying!

Everyone is writing of places they want to visit. I feel, for the most part, my life is preplanned. Providence will dictate my future by kicking me in the head. Synchronism of events are already happening. I have an expectation of something wonderful about to happen.
Standing up in a hammock, huh? WOW!

I would love to got to Scotland and drive through the Highlands. Stop at some small villages and just take my time and soak it all in. Maybe take a peek at the Loch Ness Monster. 😱

Back