I love baseball

I'll forever remember the1975 world series between the Reds and Red Sox. Lots of strategy and tactical moves. Sparky Anderson moving relief pitchers in here and there. Yaz hitting the home runs. And tons of tension. could barely sit still in the final innings of the games they were so close

In the 80's, I was a huge LA Dodger fan,followed every game as much as I could
I lost interest in baseball in the 90's,'rediscovered' the team back in 2016,been following/cheering them ever since. I was so happy they won World Series again in 2020 Sue

I loved playing baseball as a kid, but became less interested in the game as it got slower and more commercialized. I've no interest in watching hours of not much happening as the pitcher lazily toes the mound, scratches his balls, looks around, shakes off signs from the catcher and makes faces before deciding to pitch the ball. :D

Baseball was my "Major" in High school. :) I blew a possible scholarship by losing interest my Senior year. I love the game. I did notice that when I reached a "product" level my training changed dramatically. I no longer took batting in practice. ( I loved to bat ) They tried to change the way I pitched so I could get a extra 5 MPH on my fastball. I had to run twice as much for endurance...gotta get that 6 innings out of the starter ( We played 7 ) That is when I lost interest. It was no longer "fun" for me. I am ambivalent about the massive amounts of money in professional sports. Their skill and athleticism is amazing, but they pay a big price sacrificing the bulk of their life maintaining their professions.

We took our morning walk in Columbia ( Mosquitos are crazy out here on our farm ) at the Municipal Park. Saturday they have youth Soccer and Baseball. I took these thinking all us old time baseball fans probably played Little League also. ( "Girls" also...Softball maybe...my Daughter was a first string softball pitcher through High School. :)

baseball.jpg

baseball2.jpg

Watched almost every pitch of the College Baseball regionals, Super Regionals
and then every pitch of the College baseball World Series.
Our local University played in the Series and came up one game short.
We plan to take a trip back to Omaha next year for the Series.

It really is " The Greatest Show On Dirt ".

I loved playing baseball as a kid, but became less interested in the game as it got slower and more commercialized. I've no interest in watching hours of not much happening as the pitcher lazily toes the mound, scratches his balls, looks around, shakes off signs from the catcher and makes faces before deciding to pitch the ball. :D
I loved baseball and sports in general, but I've always preferred to play the game rather than sitting and watching.

Pittsburgh loaded up the bases.
1 out.
7-5 Mets
2 outs, bottom of the 9th, bases still loaded
Pittsburgh got a home run! They win it, 9-7!

That's the beauty of baseball! The drama unfolding before your eyes! No other sport has it like baseball.

Last edited:
Now watching the Brewers/Reds game...

3-3 end of the 8th
Gotta love a team named after beer. :ROFLMAO:

The Reds' pitcher is now playing right field after pitching in the 8th inning. :unsure:
... Brewers got a hit!
... Brewers' logo should be a beer mug.
... 2 outs
... Brewers' stole 2nd
... pop out, 3 outs, middle of the 9th, still 3-3
... bottom of the 9th, Reds walked
... WHOA! Incredible double play! 2 outs
... Reds strike out. 3 outs, into extra innings

Last edited:
Grew up a New York baseball fanatic. Until 1994 when the greed of all involved caused a strike that ended the season and eliminated the world series. If the series wasn't important enough to the players and owners, I saw no reason to care for them anymore. :( Now, when I want a baseball fix, I'll check out a little league game.

Grew up a New York baseball fanatic. Until 1994 when the greed of all involved caused a strike that ended the season and eliminated the world series. If the series wasn't important enough to the players and owners, I saw no reason to care for them anymore. :( Now, when I want a baseball fix, I'll check out a little league game.
Yes I was the same. And for most major sports. When the strikes and new collective agreements came into play and players in all sports are making sums of money that are staggering.....enjoyment of the games went away. I still catch an occasional game to see new young players and how they are doing but whereas 20 yrs ago i knew all the players, now hardly at all. And the owners are not exactly suffering at all.

Baseball is a great game though. Some college ball is fun to see

Back