I realize times are changing, but really...

GeorgiaXplant

some of the trendy stuff is really just downright silly. First it was "clean" eating. Now it's "clean" sleeping. What? Yanno, I don't eat dirty food. I don't sleep in dirty pj's or in a dirty bed. Oh...I did look at the picture gallery for the clean sleeping article. Says I need a copper pillow. I need a what?

There's a commercial on TV for "food as it should be." Gotta wonder how food "should be." Maybe it's just me, but in my estimation, food should be edible.

Last edited:
As long as I'm bellyaching, I realize that our language is evolving, but something that really grates my cheese is the word "issue." It used to be that there were problems; now there are issues. So does that mean that a homework assignment for math class would be to solve the "issues at the end of the chapter"?

I have a vague idea of what clean eating is, but never heard of clean sleeping. I think people say issue instead of problem to make the situation less adversarial, at least I’ve used that way sometimes. But math tests involve problems, yes! And a stomach ache is a problem not an issue.

Never heard of either one, but I do think Georgia on the right track with her comment;

"Maybe it's just me, but in my estimation, food should be edible."

If you're going to try "clean eating" that sounds like a good place to start.
Any idea where we should start with the clean sleeping thing? I mean, besides a copper pillow. A copper pillow just doesn't sound like it would be real comfy no matter how clean it is.

Speaking of copper, whatever happened to the copper bracelet or anklet fad. Anyone ever use one And get any benefit from it if they did?

Anyone who needs a primer on "clean eating" isn't paying attention when going to the grocery store. 2/3 of the "food" being sold is processed chemicals.

No idea what clean sleeping might be.

Please stop blaming Millennials. We raised them, you know.

I had a copper link bracelet that I really liked. It was merely decorative, though, or at least was supposed to be. It just kept turning my wrist green
Anyone who needs a primer on "clean eating" isn't paying attention when going to the grocery store. 2/3 of the "food" being sold is processed chemicals.

No idea what clean sleeping might be.

Please stop blaming Millennials. We raised them, you know.
No, no, Fluffy! I didn't raise millennials! My gosh, if I had I'd have given birth in my 60s. Eeek.

An issue is defined as "an important topic or problem for debate or discussion."
A problem is different and is "A matter or situation regarded as unwelcome or harmful and needing to be dealt with and overcome." In maths etc.. it relates to proving a result, law etc.. from a set of conditions.

Basically, you fix or solve a problem, you discuss an issue.

I hate the use of the term "experience". You don't go shopping, you have a 'retail experience'. etc.. or the use of "journey" to mean your life story (or part of it).

I'm wondering how the practice of starting a sentence with "So...." got started.
So, for me, it started with that "Iron Chef" show, many years ago. Each time the chefs would explain their dishes, to the judges, each and every one of them would, invariably, start off with "So,...." Since that show started in Japan, I figured it was an Asian thing. It always annoyed me, and continues to do so. :D

I had to look up "clean eating". Yeah, I think that idea of "clean eating" is a legitimately healthy one. But it's not a religion. you're not going to hell for eating a Big Mac. I hate it when people misread "something" on the net, and now, they are preaching about it. Like some, who are proud they only eat "gluten free" foods, and only whole wheat bread.
I had to look up "clean sleeping", too. I heard it was endorsed by the foremost eminent, noted sleep scientist, Gwyneth Paltrow; so need I say more.

Last edited:

Back