I remember when neighbors looked out for each other

I grew up in a small town atmosphere where everyone knew each other and their kids played together. We got into mischief but we never got whacked by neighbors since we ran like hell and never got caught. If I was whacked at all by my parents it was probably more of a light tap or two which I don't remember anyway. The freakin' nuns however had no problem using the cat-o-nine tails if we screwed up. I got it once and it is traumatic for a small kid. I'm glad they are all dead. Good riddance.
Stories such as this anger me like no other!

If I ever caught someone using such a thing on a child...

Who can clarify this topic for me:
Nuns whacked kids with a ruler: yes or no?
No whacking with paddle, switch, stick-yes-no

Watched documentary of 'facility' for unwed mothers in Ireland run by nuns-Brutal,...
Their supposed to have cleaned up their act, but the 'facility' are 'personnel only,' so it is
difficult to get info.
No care-home, daycare, or any other facility should be allowed to impose physical punishment/discipline.

Why aren't authorities stepping in and cleaning this place up?

If there's one thing I've learned about society today, scaredy-cat-ism is prevalent.

I grew up in the same kind of neighborhood. My grandparents lived downstairs and my aunt and uncle lived next door. We knew all the neighbors, and we could all count on each other.

One day, my Nana was walking home. She set her handbag down on the ground to tie her shoelace and then walked away and left it there. A few minutes later, a neighbor came running down the street to return it to her.

I actually have some long-term neighbors here and we all try to look out for one another. I know it's rare these days, and I feel truly blessed.

I live in a condo and some people always say hello while others never say a word. One young women moved in the unit directly across from me and never said a word even when we both opened our front doors that face each other at the same time in the morning to go to work.

One thing I have been dead-against forever and a day... nuns being left in charge of a child, any child.

NEVER should laws have allowed for children to be watched-over by a nun or nuns, NOT... EVER!

Back