I Value Correct Spelling And Grammar

I so agree with you. I despair at the poor education some people seem to be getting. Even some who have had a private education still mangle the English language. I accept that language does change but it should change in a good way, not lower the standard.
But how can we expect any better when non-words are actually put into the dictionary (HANGRY, for example), and people insist fill-in-the-blank-hyphen-shaming is proper English?

Well, this thread has totally exhausted and flummoxed me this morning. I am off to the coffee shop. Och aye.....

.....that is Scottish in case anyone is wondering....can mean a few things but won't go into it right now....
btw..... are all these dots okay....saves more word typing and worries about grammar..... speshully when one has a sore thumb2022-01-03 11.36.42 .jpg

Well, this thread has totally exhausted and flummoxed me this morning. I am off to the coffee shop. Och aye.....

.....that is Scottish in case anyone is wondering....can mean a few things but won't go into it right now....
btw..... are all these dots okay....saves more word typing and worries about grammar..... speshully when one has a sore thumbView attachment 207170
Three Ellipsis points are acceptable, even four if you wish...:)

Those of us who were fortunate enough to have had excellent schooling and post school education need to be aware that not everyone has been so lucky. We need to police ourselves when it comes to grammar and spelling but never look down on people who do not communicate as easily using the written word. They must never be made to feel inferior, because they are not.

I am rather hopeless at using the keyboard and I need to proof read and edit everything I post. Even so, I often spot spelling mistakes later on or words left out that should appear as well as words left in that should have been deleted. Pride compels me to edit some posts long after first writing them but that is just me. Pride is not always a virtue.

Back