Idiot at the intersection!!

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
Still shaking. 😖 I’m fine, I’m fine. But damn!!!

My lifelong habit of looking both ways as I’m pulling out even though I have the green light just saved my ass. Some idiot blew through his red light, going considerably faster than the speed limit. 🤬 Thank God for ingrained defensive driving habits and really good brakes, or I’d’ve been T-boned and in an ambulance on my way to the hospital right about now. 🤕

More people need to practice defensive driving
True

And more people need to learn to drive

Some people don't have a lick of sense, you have to do the thinking for them.

They're out there

I've driven the 50 mi to town on hwy 97 (Chemult to Klamath Falls) for the last 5 yrs
I've had to hit the ditch just about every third trip, because some Einstein thought he could get around a semi
before hitting me
(some places on that stretch of 97 don't have an emergency lane)
And they're the ones that tail gate the trucks and pop outa nowhere

Stay alert everyone

Defensive driving can literally save your life. I believe I've avoided a number of accidents that way. I've seen people blow through red lights in New Jersey, and they're quite shameless about it, knowing they're unlikely to be caught. Speeding and tailgating are common. I think that reckless driving is on the increase due to carry-over stress, anger, and frustration from COVID, the political environment, and other things happening in individual lives. It's a bad transference...

Last evening we were on Rte. 36 at a stop light waiting to make a left turn into the street to our house. We were the 3rd car behind the light. The cross street is extremely busy during rush hour, and the small white car at the light suddenly shot out into the intersection. Horns blaring, tires squealing and a lot of yelling nearly caused a major tragedy. We couldn't believe our eyes. Fortunately there was no accident and we were still shaking our heads as to why he suddenly decided to run that light. Some folks do not deserve licenses.

@Ronni Thank God for your safety. It seems we not only have to pay attention to our driving, but everyone elses.
Was that person caught up to, or did they get away?
You must have been so shaken.
Stay safe.
Oh yeah, he just went on his merry way :mad:

It's really amazing how much can happen in such a brief span of time! I'm grateful I still have a decent reaction time! I saw him, slammed on my brakes while checking my rearview to see if I was going to be rear ended, all while yanking the wheel hard so to get out of his way!! It probably took all of 2 seconds, but it felt like forever!

Still shaking. 😖 I’m fine, I’m fine. But damn!!!

My lifelong habit of looking both ways as I’m pulling out even though I have the green light just saved my ass. Some idiot blew through his red light, going considerably faster than the speed limit. 🤬 Thank God for ingrained defensive driving habits and really good brakes, or I’d’ve been T-boned and in an ambulance on my way to the hospital right about now. 🤕

Thank God you are ok. Out of curiosity, what are the four "obj" in your opening post here?

Defensive driving can literally save your life. I believe I've avoided a number of accidents that way. I've seen people blow through red lights in New Jersey, and they're quite shameless about it, knowing they're unlikely to be caught. Speeding and tailgating are common. I think that reckless driving is on the increase due to carry-over stress, anger, and frustration from COVID, the political environment, and other things happening in individual lives. It's a bad transference...

It's always best to ASSUME there are idiots around you on the road. ... best defense

Thank God you are ok. Out of curiosity, what are the four "obj" in your opening post here?
I don’t know what you mean, because I’m not seeing what you’re seeing apparently. I am assuming that the emoji I used don’t show up for you and instead there’s just the shortened form of the word “object“

What, no dash camera? I have a small one sitting on top of my dash just in the my SUV, but it can be moved from one vehicle to another. Mine is a 1080 resolution with 170° wide angle, night vision and in color. I think that I have a 32 gig card in it, but no matter, it loops automatically. They can be a lot of fun when you look at them after a trip. It really is surprising how much the driver misses while driving.

I don’t know what you mean, because I’m not seeing what you’re seeing apparently. I am assuming that the emoji I used don’t show up for you and instead there’s just the shortened form of the word “object“

It appears that you used "objective" words in your post. IOW, words that apparently aren't allowed on this forum. There is one of those right after your word "a--". At least that's what I think/see.
I do see you emoji's though.

Well, I just got home in North Jersey and because of the high population, I think we drive more responsibly.

We all have differing levels of alertness, and driving ability. Sometimes, we're great drivers; and at other times, we aren't. As Fyrefox said, "Defensive driving can literally save your life. ".

One of the things I chuckle about is a CA. car chase. Some guy is speeding down a road,. with a bunch of squad cars, with sirens, and lights chasing him. The guy is blowing through stop lights, while a helicopter is on his tail. What gets me is when the guy turns right or left, he puts his directional lights on. You know some driving instructor drilled that into his head.

Back