If There Is A Second And Or Third Wave Are You Preparing?

fmdog44

As if things aren't bad enough predictions of the second wave are not pretty. I am buying enough disinfectant and masks little by little in case it is as bad as some are predicting. I saw large bottles (3/4 of a gal.) of disinfectant in a liquor store yesterday for $17. All these months and I still cannot find one bottle of isopropyl anywhere so I bought the stuff at the liquor store. There are a lot of online scammers out there especially for face masks.

As if things aren't bad enough predictions of the second wave are not pretty. I am buying enough disinfectant and masks little by little in case it is as bad as some are predicting. I saw large bottles (3/4 of a gal.) of disinfectant in a liquor store yesterday for $17. All these months and I still cannot find one bottle of isopropyl anywhere so I bought the stuff at the liquor store. There are a lot of online scammers out there especially for face masks.
Until now and the fall, when I'm convinced the world will see another repeat of the virus, I will be ensuring I have extra on-hand... things like disinfecting wipes, household cleaner, sugars (brown, granulated, confectioners), etc.

I'm pretty much doing what I've done all along.

It's really up to each of us to keep taking the same basic precautions that we have been asked to take for the last couple of months.

Our individual behavior is the only thing that we can control to help limit the impact of any flareups or spikes.

Stay smart and stay safe but don't be afraid to do what needs to be done.

It's called prepping and a lot of people who laughed at "those crazy prepper's" aren't laughing anymore. Hopefully they'll learn from this that prepping doesn't mean we're going to come out of a bunker and repopulate the world. :D :ROFLMAO:
Remember the old Boy Scout motto... Be prepared. (y) A little prep can go a long way to easing your discomfort.

It's called prepping and a lot of people who laughed at "those crazy prepper's" aren't laughing anymore. Hopefully they'll learn from this that prepping doesn't mean we're going to come out of a bunker and repopulate the world. :D :ROFLMAO:
Remember the old Boy Scout motto... Be prepared. (y) A little prep can go a long way to easing your discomfort.
I'm not a prepper but I have always kept a stocked pantry and plenty of paper products, cleaning products, and medications. The current pandemic hasn't been a ripple on my pond and I don't expect any new outbreaks to be any different.

I never realized that I was a prepper until just recently. :D

turns-out-im-a-prepper-barbara-smaller.jpg

I'm pretty much doing what I've done all along.

It's really up to each of us to keep taking the same basic precautions that we have been asked to take for the last couple of months.

Our individual behavior is the only thing that we can control to help limit the impact of any flareups or spikes.

Stay smart and stay safe but don't be afraid to do what needs to be done.
Needs to be done???

Of course it is in the back of my mind. I hope it don't happen, but if it does I'd like to be prepared or at least somewhat prepared. I especially want to make sure my parents and in-laws are prepared.

I look at storing items for the worst I am going to use the products eventually anyway so it is not a waste of money. Don't forget we are not going back to previous behaviors for a long if and in some cases never. One advantage is for the future waves we are much better prepared and knowledgeable. Hopefully some of the predictions of a doomsday wave are wrong.

Because people feel they need 7 bottles of hand washing soap on hand, the shelves for handwashing soap will be forever empty. Same for toilet paper, alcohol, various cleaners etc. Prepper is just a less crazy sounding name for Hoarder.
Hoarder? Not the case and there is nothing crazier than a person that believed this could never happen and now that has happened believes there is no reason address it using one's brain.

Because people feel they need 7 bottles of hand washing soap on hand, the shelves for handwashing soap will be forever empty. Same for toilet paper, alcohol, various cleaners etc. Prepper is just a less crazy sounding name for Hoarder.

Keeping enough on hand so that you're not caught without in the situation we've been in this year isn't hoarding. @fmdog44 doesn't come across as over the top in his OP. Gradually stocking up on things you'll need if there's a second wave isn't over the top ...isn't hoarding. Rooms full of toilet paper or more food than you can eat before it goes bad is hoarding.

A second wave is more likely than not in the fall/winter when respiratory illnesses tend to flare. So far there's not a vaccine for Covid-19, and there's no effective vaccine for any virus in the Coronavirus family.

Last edited:

Back