If you could get one more season if any TV Show, what would it be?

We used to have the entire series on DVD. I like the "grandma" person but they all were good!

It's funny I found out about a year ago that Bea Arthur (Dorothy) was a year older than Estelle Getty who played her mother Sophia. Betty White (Rose) was also older than Sophia. The one that played Blanche was the youngest.

Upstairs Downstairs. I'd like very much to see the paths that the characters lives took after they all left the house at Eaton Place.
Outer Limits. That was a fascinating, frightening show when I was a boy. I loved it.

Murder She Wrote. I've seen the repeats so many times that it's getting boring. Angela Lansbury is about 94 now, so no hoping for it.

Big Bang Theory's ending would have been more painful if I didn't have Young Sheldon to soothe my wounds. The show is great!
"Young Sheldon" is one of our favorite shows! We love all the characters, especially Grandma!

I love almost everything on Masterpiece Theater with Downton Abbey being my all time favorite.
We have watched Downton Abbey from beginning to end. We bought the whole series from Amazon. Apparently, the mansion is a very popular tourist attraction in the UK. We spent 2 months in the UK but missed it. There are just too many large palaces & mansions in the country.

It's funny I found out about a year ago that Bea Arthur (Dorothy) was a year older than Estelle Getty who played her mother Sophia. Betty White (Rose) was also older than Sophia. The one that played Blanche was the youngest.
Just to be nit-picky Bea was actually 2 months older than estelle Born May and July 1923 repectfully.. Betty was 18 months older than Estelle... and Rue was 13 years younger than the eldest 2... :giggle:

Sassy,Rue McClanahan played'Blanche',BTW,she was a co star on Bea Arthur's sitcom,'Maude',she played her best friend'Vivian' Sue

Yeah, there's a few instances like that. The father on Bonanza was only 13 years older than his son Adam. Vicky Lawrence is 16 years younger than Carol Burnett and played her mother. Stephanie Cole was only 48 when she took the role of pensioner Diana in Waiting For God. I'm sure there are others I can't remember or don't know about.

"Young Sheldon" is one of our favorite shows! We love all the characters, especially Grandma!
The Grandma (Meemaw) is a hoot. Annie Potts used to be one of the four women in ''Designing Women". Chuck Lorre seems to have a knack for picking winners in sitcoms: Mike & Molly, The Big Bang, Young Sheldon, Mom, and now Bobā¤Abishola, which I think is good.

young-sheldon-sneak-peek-episode-3.jpg

1575129390713.jpeg

Last edited:
The Fugitive a popular series here with David Jansen (the Running Man) glued us to the telly every episode. So many good series back then from the USA. Watched Bonanza recently and thoroughly enjoyed it

The Fugitive a popular series here with David Jansen (the Running Man) glued us to the telly every episode. So many good series back then from the USA. Watched Bonanza recently and thoroughly enjoyed it

You probably know this, but just in case. Michael Landon, who played Little Joe in Bonanza, went on to do Little House on the Prairie, and Highway to Heaven,

My favorite comedy series was Amos 'N" Andy from 1951-3. Tim Moore, Amanda Randolph, and Johnnie Lee were comedic geniuses and perhaps one or two others could be included with them.

Rights groups forced cancellation in the belief that the plots were demeaning. The actors were understandably bitter.

A local station resumed with reruns 1956-8, shown daily before the local news. That's when I really appreciated the show's greatness.

Back