If you used an avatar pic , what is its signifcance for you?

Mine is just a studio photo I had taken for a side business that didn't pan out due to the you-know-what that's been plaguing us for the past two years. Reason is other pictures look horrible.
Mine's a studio portrait, too. Taken in 2018, when my daughter got to come up and visit for a while. She lives a long ways away. Me, her, and my two sons are in it. That dark spot to my left (your right) is her shoulder.

I had a teal colored row boat for a long time, SeaBreeze was the name of my father's small boat when we were kids and although it wasn't his boat, it was nice and felt right to me. When I decided to make a change, being an animal lover, I started browsing the web for a picture that would be nice for an avatar and show enough detail in such a tiny pic. This owl just spoke to me when I saw it, easy choice for me. I just tried to find the original image which showed more of the whole owl, but could just find this example.

images

Here you go!

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/...and_lith._(Plate_XX._1888)._(21289771031).jpg

Keulemans,_John_Gerrard_1842-1912_-Morepork,_Spiloglaux_novae-zealandiae;_Laughing_owl,_Scelog...jpg

Back