I'm a Sucker for Vintage Toys - Share Pics Here...

I use to love punching this clown! ( I can understand why they are making such a big comeback ) :)

original.jpeg

1661963657747.jpeg
In 5th grade I came into my school classroom and walked up to my teacher nonchalantly and said, "let's shake on it!" I didn't think I would fool her, but I did. She was really shocked, so to speak! The whole room cracked up in laughter, except my teacher. She promptly sent me to the dreaded principal's office. When he asked me what I had done I told him and showed him my buzzer. I thought I saw a slight smile on his face, but he controlled it and had me stand in the corner for 30 minutes. That was the minimal you could get...the worst was the dreaded Black Lady! She hung on his wall, it was a fraternity wooden paddle, painted black with a red eye in the center. We all feared that lady...but not on this day, but he kept my buzzer...

The History Of Hula Hoop And It's Connection To Ancient Greece

unnamed.jpg

Be Our Best: Hula Hooping - another wonder sport!
In the cultures of Ancient Greece and Rome, this particular cylinder was a popular toy, with the Ancient Greeks decorating their metal rings with bells and considering them more than just a child's toy.
The ancient Greeks referred to it by the word "wheel" while it was used for both their gymnastics and dancing with a different technique. Although it was considered quite a popular form of exercise, it was never included as a sport in major sporting events.

Thus, these wreaths, also called rings, were probably made of copper or iron and they were handled by a grip by their operators - on Greek vessels these grips are represented as a small and straight stick. The size of the wreaths depended on the height of the player, as they had to reach the height of the chest.
The Romans used them in the same way, while the Eskimos taught their children to fish, as their wreaths showed how to have a better aim by passing the rods through them. During the Middle Ages children invented another use for wreaths: jumping into them as if they were skipping rope, while in the 14th century the hula hoop swept across England, with the country's doctors even calling it a health hazard.

However, it was British sailors who gave these hoops the name Hula Hoop some three centuries later, when on a trip to Hawaii they observed the islanders doing the traditional Hula dance. The movements were very similar when someone was playing with the hoops, and so the name was born by which they are still known throughout the world today.
11-1.jpg

- Find & Share on GIPHY

884223-e7.jpg

884223-e2.jpg

884223-e6.jpg

884223-e3.jpg

After its spread around the world and in a short time, the popularity of the game began to slowly decline, first in Europe, while in China and Russia, on the contrary, it was one of the acts of acrobats in circuses and rhythmic gymnastics performances.

Girl Dancing With 30 Hula Hoops Looks Like She’s About To Get Teleported

Idées de jeux avec un cerceau - Momes.net

Bella ✌️

Back